11 devices added to CyanogenMod 10.1, CM 10.2 coming out soon
A total of 11 new handsets have been added to the CyanogenMod 10.1 whitelist and are in line to get CM 10.2 when it rolls out later this year.
Most of the new devices are from Motorola, with a few Samsung handsets as well as 3 new tablets. Here’s the total list of devices that will be getting a CM 10.1 build:
- Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G
- Samsung Galaxy S4 – C Spire
- Samsung Verizon Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE (i925)
- Motorola Atrix HD (mb886)
- Motorola Photon Q – GSM (xt897)
- Motorola Photon Q – CDMA (xt897c)
- Motorola Droid Razr M (xt907)
- Motorola Razr HD – GSM (xt925)
- Motorola Droid Razr HD – CDMA (xt926)
- Barnes & Noble Nook HD (hummingbird)
- Nook HD+ (ovation)
CyanogenMod is one of the best custom ROMs for Android, and it offers a UI that is close to the stock Android UI. The latest stable version is CyanogenMod 10.1 that is based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. CM 10.1 includes a lot of tweaks to stock Android like the ability to add quick toggles to the notification area and more battery saving features.
The CyanogenMod team is already at work on CM 10.2, which will be based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Alongside, they are working on something called “Project Nemesis”, and have unveiled a new camera app called Focal as the first stage of Project Nemesis.
Via: GSM Arena