Are you playing this season's latest games DIRT3, The Witcher 2 or Brink? Then these drivers are a must get for AMD graphics card owners (especially Crossfire) to resolve flickering and performance issues!
Read more for the changes.
- DriverVer=05/24/2011, 8.850.6.0000
- Sign Date: May 25 (ATi)
AMD Catalyst™ Driver 11.5b Hotfix Features:
- Includes performance optimizations and resolves various quality issues for the upcoming release of Brink™
- Resolves transcoding video lagging issues seen when converting multiple H.264 clips to MPEG2 Blu-ray video
- Resolves the intermittent mouse cursor lag issue seen by some users
Resolves intermittent flickering issues seen in the following applications in a system using an AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 series graphics card with DDR3 memory and running in DirectX® 9 mode:
- Civilization 5
- Dead Rising 2
- Fallout 3
- Mafia 2
- NBA 2010
- Starcraft 2
- Warcraft III
- World of Warcraft
Support for additional Stereo 3D-capable displays:
- Viewsonic V3D241wm-LED
- 3D Projectors
- Enables AMD CrossFire™ scaling for Brink
- Enables AMD CrossFire scaling for The Witcher 2
- Improves performance for Dirt 3
I personally would recommend installing the hotfix drivers above and applying the tweaks featured in this forum thread for overall best system performance and responsiveness.