Catalyst 14.4 adds support for the R9 295X2 and includes tweaks for CrossFire and Mantle.
AMD has launched the RC version of the Catalyst 14.4 drivers, which can be downloaded from its official site.
The 14.4 build comes with full support for OpenGL 4.4 and the R9 295X2. In addition, the drivers also enhance CrossFire and Mantle performance in certain games. The driver also fixes a bug that was seen in Battlefield 4 in which a lag was observed when switching from the game to another window suing the Alt-Tab combination. Game flickering in Titanfall has also been resolved. Games like Metro Last Light and Anno 2070 can see a CrossFire scaling increase of 10 and 34 percent.
AMD mentioned that the driver can be installed on Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version), Windows 8 (32 & 64-bit version) and Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version) with SP1 or higher. There seems to be a bug which sees a system BSODing when encoding with Power Director 11, which AMD claims is a known issue.
Here’s a full changelog of what is new in Catalyst 14.4:
CrossFire fixes enhancements:
- Crysis 3 – frame pacing improvements
- Far Cry 3 – 3 and 4 GPU performance improvements at high quality settings, high resolution settings
- Anno 2070 – Improved CrossFire scaling up to 34%
- Titanfall – Resolved in game flickering with CrossFire enabled
- Metro Last Light – Improved Crossfire scaling up to 10%
- Eyefinity 3×1 (with three 4K panels) no longer cuts off portions of the application
- Stuttering has been improved in certain applications when selecting mid-Eyefinity resolutions with V-sync Enabled
Full support for OpenGL 4.4
OpenGL 4.4 supports the following extensions:
Mantle beta driver improvements:
- BattleField 4: Performance slowdown is no longer seen when performing a task switch/Alt-tab
- BattleField 4: Fuzzy images when playing in rotated SLS resolution with an A10 Kaveri system