AMP Unveils 1.8″ SaberTooth ZT SSDs
AMP, leader in netbook SSD upgrades and cute USB flash drives, has launched the 1.8” SaberTooth ZT SSD series, adding on to its family of Half/Mini PCIe SSDs.
AMP, leader in netbook SSD upgrades and cute USB flash drives, has launched the 1.8” SaberTooth ZT SSD series, adding on to its family of
Half/Mini PCIe SSDs.
Measuring 71 x 54 x 5mm, they are available in 32Gb and 64Gb capacities
and feature a PATA / IDE ZIF interface, MLC NAND flash memory, 32/ 64Mb
of cache memory, and deliver data transfer speeds up to 100 Mb/s (read)
and 85 Mb/s (write). Backed by a one year warranty, the SaberTooth ZT
can be purchased from Amazon at a MSRP of USD 169.95 (N32G-PATAZIF-ZT)
and USD 299.95 (N64G-PATAZIF-ZT).
“The SaberTooth ZT removes the performance tradeoffs that have plagued
slim 1.8″ ZIF drives for so long. Now you can get a truly fast ZIF
drive that still fits in a standard 1.8″ form factor. By incorporating
a DRAM cache, we’ve dramatically improved write speeds over other ZIF
drives”, stated Active Media Products’ VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson.
- Substantially faster bootup and application load speeds;
- Consume far less power than HDDs, which means you’ll enjoy longer battery life and greater productivity;
- Lighter weight than an HDD;
- No moving parts;
- Completely silent operation;
- Produce less heat than an HDD;
- More rugged and reliable than an HDD.