Owners of the Motorola Xoom Android tablet in Singapore will be pleased to learn that the Google Android 3.1 update is now available. The update claims to offer enhancements such as improved multi-tasking, both mouse and keyboard support and resizable home screen widgets.
Motorola has announced that owners of Motorola XOOM and Motorola XOOM WiFi in Singapore will receive an update from Android 3.0 to Android 3.1 over the air from 29 July 2011. The 3.1 update offers various enhancements including activating the SD card slot so that users can expand the memory of their tablet up to 64GB, with the addition of a 32GB SD card.
This update also includes:-
- Improved multi-tasking for instant visual access to more applications
- Resizable home screen widgets for Gmail, Calendar and Browser
- Both keyboard and mouse support to allow simultaneous input for devices over Bluetooth (in any combination)
- Support for most PC joysticks and gamepads that connect over USB or Bluetooth
- Picture transfer directly from camera – users can connect their digital cameras over USB and import their pictures to the Gallery with a single touch
- New high-performance Wi-Fi lock lets applications maintain high-performance Wi-Fi connections even when the device screen is off
- Preloaded Adobe Flash Player, as well as File Manager.
The over-the-air upgrade will trigger a notification window with the option for users to download the update immediately or at a later date. It can thereafter be downloaded manually by going to “Settings > About Tablet > System Updates”. The upgrade is about 40MB in size. Other countries in Asia Pacific that will receive the same update include Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand and India.