Apple iPhone 5 kills 23 year old by flight attendant by electrocution
Among all things, the last news you expect to read right in the morning is that an Apple iPhone 5 electrocuted a 23 year old flight attendant, Ma Aliun, who died due to the shock.
Apple’s in a slight crunch over security issues of the owners of their best-selling Apple iPhone 5. Chinese news site Xinhuanet reported on Monday that an Apple iPhone 5 electrocuted 23-year old Ma Aliun, a flight attendant who works with China Southern Airlines, to death. Ma Aliun reportedly picked up her iPhone 5, which was being charged, to answer a call when shocking the incident took place.
“We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the … family. We will fully investigate and co-operate with authorities in this matter.” – Apple spokesperson
Ma Aliun’s sister claims that the Apple iPhone 5 in question was purchased from an official Apple store last December, thus verifying its authenticity. Her sister goes on to tweet:
“I want to warn everyone else not to make phone calls when your mobile phone is recharging”
While a mobile phone in itself is incapable of giving a fatal shock to a person, a damaged wire in the charger can give an unfortunate soul a shock of up to 220V, claiming their life in the process.
This goes out to everyone, a notice issued for your own personal safety. Please leave your phones alone for those one or two hours while it is connected to the wall. There can be no phone call which is more important than your own life, so stay away from your phones when your phone is connected to the wall socket. The same message does not apply when connected via USB to your laptop, but what’s the harm in trying to be safe?