ASRock ConRoeXFire-eSATA2 Motherboard Review
There is one motherboard that can complete the budget upgraders’ kit. ASRock brings about the first 945P motherboard to support Intel Core 2 Duo in the world, with ATi Cross-Fire support to boot!
The Intel Core 2 Duo that is about to be launched is making big headlines for
those who keep up with the tech buzz for it’s impressive big step-ahead
performance. Interest is not just generated from a by-standers’ position but a
lot from an eager purchaser, thanks to the very attractive and affordable
pricing of the lower-end models such as the E6300 and E6400. Switching to Core 2
Duo would however inflict a need to search for a new motherboard, and right now
most supporting boards hover in the USD$ 240 (SGD$ 400) range.
There is one motherboard that can complete the budget upgraders’ kit however.
ASRock has been gaining popularity for it’s wallet-friendly and feature-rich
solutions on the Desktop Motherboards frontier. Core 2 Duo matching up with
Intel 975 and 965 chipset solutions is commonplace…. but with Intel 945P
chipset? ASRock brings about the first 945P motherboard to support Intel Core 2
Duo in the world!
ASRock ConRoeXFire-eSATA2 Motherboard
Flashing the main key draw features blatantly in the name itself makes for
good advertising and selling, but for ease of conversation, let us call it the
ASRock CRXF 945P.
ASRock pins the features of the motherboard proudly on the front of the box,
to the point whereby it looks like a seasoned war veteran with all the medals.
As seen on the box, this motherboard supports ATi dual display card Cross-Fire
configurations through it’s own drivers, remarkable feat when most motherboards
based on the 965P chipset don’t.
The simple look of the motherboard… You pick out the 4 DDRII Memory slots
supporting up to a maximum capacity of 4GB.
- LGA 775 for Intel® Dual Core Pentium® D / Pentium® 4 / Celeron® D, supporting Core™ 2 Duo Desktop (Conroe), Presler and Cedar Mill processors
- Northbridge: Intel® 945P
- CPU Frequency Stepless Control
- Dual Channel DDRII memory technology
- Supports ATI CrossFire™
- Realtek ALC888 7.1channel CODEC with High Definition Audio
- Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s
- 4 x Serial ATAII 3.0 Gb/s connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 10, RAID 5 and Intel® Matrix Storage), NCQ, AHCI and “Hot Plug” functions
Rear Panel I/O
ASRock 8CH_eSATAII I/O
- 4Mb AMI BIOS
- Drivers, Utilities, AntiVirus Software (Trial Version)
- CPU Temperature Sensing
- Quick Installation Guide, Support CD, I/O Shield
- ATX Form Factor: 12.0-in x 8.6-in, 30.5 cm x 21.8 cm
- Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP/XP 64-bit/Vista™ compliant
- FCC, CE, WHQL
So how about it? Full featured yes? Let’s start with the BIOS Menu!