While other manufacturers are coming up with their Android tablets, ASUS sees more potential in the standalone ebook reader market. And the Taiwanese company has just introduced their Eee Reader DR900 which claims to be the world’s first 9-inch touchscreen ebook reader to date.
Those who love to read on the move will enjoy this new ASUS Eee Reader DR900. The sleek device sports a 9-inch screen and is ideal for reading be it novels or comic books.
Highly portable, long battery life
Less than 10mm thick and weighing just 440g, the Eee Reader is a highly portable travelling companion that can be taken on any journey. It has 2GB internal storage (expandable via SD Card) that can store up to 5,000 ebooks and battery life that can last about two weeks, which is long enough for one to read like 20 novels between recharges.
Read on the beach or in bed
This ultra-low power consumption is possible because the Eee Reader’s SiPix electrophoretic display only uses power to change its image, not maintain it. Page turns are virtually instant and the monochrome image is as crisp as ink printed on paper. Better still, the screen stays clear even in broad daylight, making so it’s as easy to read on the beach as it is under a bedside light.
Easy to use touch-screen interface
The Eee Reader’s 9-inch capacitive touch-screen also removes the need for a physical keyboard and delivers a simple and intuitive user interface. Readers both young and old can master the Eee Reader in minutes, and with built-in Wi-Fi and optional 3G, it puts a world of reading material at everyone’s fingertips.
– 9-inch SiPix electrophoretic display reflects light like paper to mimic a printed page, giving a more natural and comfortable reading experience than backlit LCD displays.
– Capacitive touchscreen with virtual keyboard can be used to annotate reading material, make handwritten notes and even draw sketches.
– Buy ebooks no matter where you are, thanks to the WebKit-based browser and built-in Wi-Fi and optional 3G.
– Enjoy reading for up to four days on battery power with Wi-Fi enabled, and up to two weeks with Wi-Fi disabled.
– High-quality text-to-speech supports for 23 languages, giving instant conversion of ebooks into audio books.
– Measures 221 x 191 x 9.7mm and weighs just 440g (Wi-Fi model).