Asus has launched the RT-N12HP Wireless-N300 router, a long-ranged router that has some rather useful built-in admin features.
The RT-N12HP Wireless-N300 has detachable 9dBi antennas, which Asus claims will provide users with up to 300% more Wi-Fi range. To make use of the router’s range capability, however, the client side hardware should also be fairly robust.
Furthermore, the RT-N12HP Wireless-N300 is a 3-in-1, meaning users have the ability to switch the device from a router to an access point or range extender.
Some useful admin features that the RT-N12HP Wireless-N300 comes with include:
- Admins have control of up to four distinct networks
- Primary network and guest networks have different privacy options
- Router uses dynamic bandwidth allocation
- Primary host/admin network will have priority bandwidth
- Parental control can be accomplished much more easily