Asus is currently readying a refresh to their entry level line of ultrabooks that will include Intel's latest Haswell processors.
Laptop manufacturers are beginning to prepare refreshes to their lineups in order to accommodate Intel’s latest Haswell processors. Asus doesn’t seem to be wasting time, as they look ready to update their entry level VivoBook line with the latest processors. The new line will have model number S551 rather than the S550 of old, which it will be replacing.
If the specifications are hard to make out in the picture above, the updated Ultrabook will have the following.
- 15.6” touchscreen display with resolution 1366 x 768
- Intel (Haswell) Core i7-4500U processor, i3 or i5 options are likely.
- 8GB DDR3 RAM
- Nvidia GeForce GT 740M (with 2GB VRAM)
- 802.11n, Bluetooth, HD webcam, USB 3.0, and a DVD burner
- Windows 8 64 bit (professional version)
There is no current word on pricing and availability, though the product has been seen listed in some German and American online stores.