ASUS releases compact NAS-M25 Dual-Bay Gigabit Network Attached Storage
With its automatic ten second snapshot feature and ability to fully restore a PC hard drive in 30 minutes, the ASUS NAS-M25 puts fast and friendly backup technology within easy reach. This dual drive bay RAID 1 device works as a full network file and media server, too, while the compact design can slip into the smallest of spaces.
ASUS Press Release
- Automatic scheduled backups, powered by FarStone Total Recovery pro 7, take just ten seconds, while a PC hard drive can be fully restored in 30 minutes — with no technical expertise required.
- VMWare virtualization support allows backup images to be mounted in a virtual machine for near-instant data recovery, allowing users to transport a copy of their own operating system to another PC virtually, with no need to restore or re-install data.
- 1.2GHz processor with 512MB RAM and 128MB flash memory with dual firmware support — firmware can be easily recovered automatically to keep downtime to a minimum should corruption occur following a failed upgrade or power outage, for example.
- Simple web-based administrative interface with a built-in BitTorrent client for 24/7 file transfers with minimal power consumption.
- Full Windows (CIF/SMB) and Linux (NFS) support with Windows Active Directory, Apache and SQL web server, printer server and network-shared recycle bin functionality, plus full multimedia streaming to DLNA-compatible devices.
- Whisper-quiet 38dB design uses two 3.5” hard drives with screw-less fitting, for up to 4TB of Gigabit networked storage.
Taipei, Taiwan — Regular backups are something that PC users ignore at their peril, but the new ASUS NAS-M25 not only makes the process fast and painless, it adds a whole host of other network-attached storage features, too.
Powerful network server and backup features
With support for up to 256 concurrent connections, plus UPnP and DLNA support, the NAS-M25 is an extremely capable file and media network server, but its real strength lies in its powerful backup features.
Once the NAS-M25 has made a complete image of a PC’s hard drive as an initial backup, automatic hourly update snapshots are captured in just ten seconds. Better still, not only can past backups then be browsed on a file-by-file basis, but complete system recovery with a freshly formatted hard drive can be carried out in under 30 minutes using the universal restore feature. Thus, the ASUS NAS-M25 means no more wasted working days when disaster strikes — PCs can be up and running in no time.
Screw-less design for simple set-up
The NAS-M25 is a compact NAS device that uses two 3.5” hard drive bays in a mirrored RAID 1 configuration to offer up to 4TB of storage. The screw-less design makes drive installation quick and easy, while Gigabit Ethernet delivers blisteringly fast file transfers with compatible devices.