The BlackBerry Messenger app for Android and iPhone might be releasing on the respective app stores this Friday, September 20, according to the latest rumor.
There’s been a lot of talk surrounding the cross-platform BBM app recently, with a BlackBerry official even confirming that the app was submitted to the App Store more than two weeks back, but a concrete launch is not something the company has been willing to mention, only going as far as saying that they’ll be “bringing the app to Android and iPhone users across the globe soon.”
However, according to information received by the folks over at CrackBerry, this Friday the wait will finally come to an end. Here’s how the launch will reportedly take place:
- Friday, Sept 20th, 7am EST: Android version published on Google Play
- Friday, Sept 20th, 7am EST: BBM.com goes live
- Friday, Sept 20th, 7am EST: CRM messages sent out to pre-registrants
- Friday, Sept 20th, 7am EST: Follow-up CRM message sent out after full App Store deployment
- Saturday, Sept 21st: BBM on iOS becomes available 12:01am EST in local time zones.
There’s always a possibility September 20th will come and go without a launch, but with the scheduled “end of summer” release time frame coming to a close, there’s a fair chance we’ll all be BBM-ing into the wee hours of the night this weekend.
[youtube id=”L_EAWvJpxwY” width=”620″ height=”360″]