BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone to be available in Singapore from end October
Research in Motion (RIM) has introduced the new BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone which would be available in Singapore end of October. It touts itself as the first BlackBerry smartphone to feature dedicated media keys and touch-sensitive trackpad for great ease of use.
Singapore – 29 September 2009 – Research In Motion (RIM) today introduced the BlackBerry® Curve™ 8520, a new addition to the BlackBerry® Curve series of smartphones. The slim and approachable BlackBerry Curve 8520 is expected to be available from M1, SingTel and StarHub at the end of October*.
Designed to be efficient and convenient, the new BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone introduces an innovative touch-sensitive trackpad, which makes scrolling and selection smooth and easy for a great navigation experience. It is also the first BlackBerry smartphone to feature dedicated media keys, smoothly integrated along the top of the handset, giving customers an easy, convenient way to control their music and videos.
For Singaporeans who like to be connected, the slim new BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone provides easy mobile access to email, messaging (IM, SMS, MMS) and popular social networking sites (including Facebook® and MySpace) and features a highly tactile full-QWERTY keyboard for comfortable, accurate typing. It is also Wi-Fi® enabled, features rich multimedia capabilities and easy access to music, games and other mobile apps for entertainment on the go.
“The BlackBerry Curve 8520 is an incredibly approachable and feature-rich smartphone and it delivers all the great messaging, social networking and multimedia features that customers have come to love about BlackBerry smartphones,” said Gregory Wade, Regional Vice President, Asia Pacific at Research In Motion. “With its friendly design, the BlackBerry Curve 8520 is undoubtedly a great choice for first-time smartphone users.”
Key features of the BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone include:
• Easy-to-use full-QWERTY keyboard and touch-sensitive trackpad for reliable,
responsive typing and navigation
• 256MB Flash memory and a 512Mhz next generation processor for enhanced
• Premium phone features including voice activated dialing, and Bluetooth® (2.0)
support for hands-free headsets, car kits, stereo headsets and other Bluetooth
• 2 MP digital camera with zoom and video recording
• Advanced media player for music, pictures and videos, with dedicated media
keys and a 3.5 mm stereo headset jack, plus BlackBerry® Media Sync, which
makes it easy to quickly sync music from iTunes® or Windows Media® Player
with the smartphone**
• BlackBerry® Internet Service support for access to up to 10 supported email
accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts such as Yahoo!®, Windows
Live™ Hotmail®, AOL® and Gmail™; and BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
support, which provides advanced security and IT administration features for
• Expandable memory via hot swappable microSD/SDHC memory card slot,
supporting up to 16GB cards today and expected to support next generation
32GB cards when available; a 2GB card is included
• Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g) for faster browsing and extended data coverage
• Quad-band world phone: EGDE/GPRS/GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
To learn more about the BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone visit:
* Check with carriers for specific information on availability and pricing.
** Certain music files may not be supported, including files that contain digital rights