It was only slightly over a week when Research in Motion announced the launch of the BlackBerry PlayBook in Singapore, though pricing and availability details weren't made known then. Today, the company said that the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet will be availabile in Singapore from 23 June.
Research In Motion (RIM) today announced that the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet will be available in Singaporeon 23 June 2011 from SingTel, M1, and Starhub, as well as some nation-wide retail stores. The BlackBerry PlayBook will come in three Wi-Fi models, featuring 16GB, 32 GB or 64 GB of memory storage. Starting today, customers can place orders for the BlackBerry PlayBook. Customers can preorder online at http://sg.blackberry.com/playbook/wheretobuy .
The BlackBerry PlayBook features an ultra-portable design and claims to deliver superb performance, uncompromised web browsing with support for Adobe Flash Player, true multitasking, high definition (HD) multimedia, advanced security features, out-of-the-box enterprise support and a robust development environment.
Three versions of the PlayBook will be available in Singapore at the recommended retail price (RRP) of:
16GB: S$668 (incl. GST)
32GB: S$798 (incl. GST)
64GB: S$928 (incl. GST)
BlackBerry PlayBook specifications:
- 7-inch 1024×600 WSVGA capacitive LCD touch screen
- Ultra-portable at 425g and measures 130mm x 194mm x 10mm
- 1GHz dual-core processor
- BlackBerry Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
- MP3, AAC and WMA audio playback
- Support for high resolution video playback (H.264, MPEG4, WMV)
- 1080p HDMI output
- Dual 1080p HD cameras for video conferencing and video capture (3MP front and 5MP rear)
- 1GB RAM memory
- Up to 64 GB internal storage (16, 32 and 64 GB models)
- GPS, Orientation Sensor (Accelerometer), 6-Axis Motion Sensor (Gyroscope), Digital Compass (Magnetometer)
- Stereo speakers and stereo microphones
- Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n) connectivity
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR support