BlackBerry Storm2 to be available in Singapore from Feb
The BlackBerry Storm 2 was launched in US and Europe in October last year, and today, Research in Motion (RIM) has announced the smartphone will be available in Singapore from February.
Singapore – 14 January 2010 – Research In Motion (RIM) today introduced the BlackBerry Storm2 smartphone for customers in Singapore. The BlackBerry Storm2 has significantly improved touch-screen with new technology and features to let users stay connected.
Next-Gen SurePress Technology
The BlackBerry Storm2 smartphone introduces SurePress™ technology based on an electronic system that provides the user with tactile feedback when the touch-screen is pressed. The new system responds equally to gentle pressure applied anywhere on the surface of the screen and makes clicking the display practically effortless. Typing on the smartphone’s virtual keyboards is easier, more comfortable and more accurate. The new SurePress technology also allows the user to type a letter with one thumb even while their other thumb may still be touching or resting on another letter, enabling faster typing and multi-key actions such as Shift or Alt-key combinations.
- Smooth design and premium finish with sloped edges, chrome accents, glass lens and stainless steel backplate
- Large 3.25-inch display at 360×480
- Capacitive touch-screen with integrated functions (Send, End, Menu, Escape) and new SurePress technology that makes clicking the display practically effortless
- Global connectivity support: UMTS/HSPA (2100Mhz), quad-band EDGE/GPRS/GSM and Wi-Fi® (802.11 b/g) networks
- 3.2-megapixel camera with variable zoom, autofocus, flash and video recording
- 256MB Flash memory
- 2GB onboard memory storage and a microSD/SDHD memory card slot that supports up to 16 GB cards today and is expected to support 32 GB cards when available
- Premium and easy-to-access phone features, background noise suppression technology, loud distortion-free speakerphone and face detection (proximity sensor) that prevents accidental clicks and blanks the screen while the user is on the phone
- Media player for videos, pictures and music and BlackBerry Media Sync for easily syncing photos as well as iTunes and Windows Media Player music with the smartphone
- BlackBerry Desktop Manager for both PCs and Macs to enable synching data such as contacts and calendar appointments between a computer and the smartphone
- Built-in GPS for maps and other location-based applications, as well as photo geotagging
- Removable, rechargeable 1400 mAhr battery that provides approximately 6 hours of talk time on 3G networks and 280 hours of standby time
Pricing and Availability
The BlackBerry Storm2 smartphone is expected to be available from M1, SingTel and StarHub from February. Please check with each individual carrier for pricing and product availability.