Canon expands Powershot line with 6 new cameras
Canon (in U.S.) has introduced six new Powershot cameras that aim to please photographers enthusiasts with their new stylish design, features and superb performance. Read on to find out more about the cameras.
August 19, 2009 – Canon U.S.A. today announced six new PowerShot cameras offering diverse photographic options for users who have just begun their photographic journey or have been mastering their skills for many years. The new camera line-up delivers the unique features users want, with the superb image quality, ease-of-use and stylish design they have come to expect from Canon.
All of the new cameras feature Optical Image Stabilization and use the DIGIC 4 Image Processor, the proprietary technology that accounts for the cameras’ higher performance levels, improved signal processing speeds and enhanced image quality. Smart AUTO technology can now track moving faces and 22 different shooting situations (up from 18 previously) by identifying the surroundings to help ensure proper lighting and focus, providing the confidence to deliver high-quality photos in virtually any situation, from group snapshots, to landscapes, to portraits and more.
Select new PowerShot models will have the ability to shoot 720p High-Definition (HD) video, utilize the PureColor System LCD and for the first time from Canon, a PowerShot Digital ELPH camera will have a touch screen user interface for easy navigation through images and menus.
Canon PowerShot G11 Digital Camera
The PowerShot G-series has long been the flagship of the PowerShot line. The new Canon PowerShot G11 Digital Camera further adds to the legacy of this award-winning series with its advanced features, variety of shooting modes and compatible EOS accessories which help to enhance one’s photographic creativity. Designed for those looking for a pocket-sized camera with SLR functionality, this new powerful camera is ideal for the consumer who is looking to capture beautiful landscapes and professional portraits by offering:
- A 10.0-Megapixel High Sensitivity System to capture images with a powerful 5x Optical Zoom lens with Optical Image Stabilization. Additionally, a 28mm (equivalent to 28-140 mm) wide-angle lens helps to get large groups into one shot at events such as a family reunion.
- A 2.8-inch vari-angle PureColor System LCD, new to the G-series, allowing for easier on-camera previewing and reviewing of images from nearly every angle, while still incorporating the optical viewfinder found on previous models.
- Easy access to heavily used functions with two mode dials for adjusting ISO and exposure compensation, and a full range of shooting and recording modes, including RAW + JPEG for ultimate creative control when editing images.
- A host of optional accessories, including Speedlite flashes, an underwater housing and a tele-converter lens to provide further photographic flexibility.
Scheduled to be available in October, the PowerShot G11 Digital Camera retails for an estimated price of $499.99.
Canon PowerShot S90 Digital Camera
The PowerShot S90 is the camera photo enthusiasts have been waiting for to add to their photography arsenal. Borrowing its good looks from the PowerShot Digital ELPH line and its high-end functionality from the PowerShot G-series, this new camera has a High Sensitivity System sensor in addition to a 28mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens to help produce sharper images in low-light situations while the customizable control ring allows users to adjust shooting settings providing for further flexibility. For the professional photographer or advanced amateur interested in a versatile point and shoot camera, the PowerShot S90 provides a wealth of advanced technologies to capture those can’t-miss moments. Other features of this camera include:
- A 10.0-Megapixel High Sensitivity System with a 3.8x Optical Zoom and Optical Image Stabilization.
- A customizable control ring for easy access and operation of manual or other creative shooting settings.
- A large 3.0-inch PureColor System LCD for even greater true life color reproduction.
- Full range of shooting and recording modes, including RAW + JPEG, for the ultimate in creative control when editing.
Scheduled to be available in October, the PowerShot S90 Digital Camera retails for an estimated price of $429.99.