Canon Singapore has unveiled eight new LEGRIA video camcorders that promise superior High Definition image quality and usability to its consumers. The video camcorders will be availabile from end of this month and next month.
Singapore, 5 February 2010 – Canon has expanded their LEGRIA camcorder range with eight new models that offer impressive image quality and ease of use for the consumers.
New LEGRIA advanced features include:
- Touch & Track: Canon’s new Touch & Track technology enables users to select a subject on the Touch Panel LCD that the camcorder will then recognize and track. This sophisticated technology ensures that your subject will always be in focus and properly exposed.
- Advanced Video Snapshot: Advanced Video Snapshot mode has been upgraded to provide the flexibility of capturing 2, 4, or 8 second video clips while recording or during playback.
- Powered IS: In addition to Canon’s Dynamic SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization, Powered IS provides an even higher level of compensation for subtle hand movement at the telephoto end of the zoom range.
- HD-to-SD Down-conversion: A new HD-to-SD Down-conversion feature enables users to convert recorded high-definition video to standard-definition files while preserving the original HD video.
- Smart Auto: The Smart Auto mode makes shooting great video even easier by intelligently detecting and analysing brightness, colour, distance and movement and automatically selecting the best setting for the scene being recorded.
LEGRIA HF S Series: Canon’s Premiere Consumer Camcorder Range
The flagship LEGRIA HF S21 and HF S200 offer advanced hardware and manual control options. The LEGRIA HF S21 comes with 64GB of internal flash memory while the HF S200 records direct to removable SD memory – both feature two SD card slots (SDHC compatible) for maximum storage capacity. With an 8.59-megapixel, Full HD CMOS sensor and 10x HD Video Lens, each model claims to deliver outstanding image quality.
Both models sport Powered Optical Image Stabilizer mode, large 3.5-inch touch screen LCD and Smart Auto mode. There is also an integrated Auto Microphone Attenuator for high quality audio to match the HF S’ sophisticated imaging functions.
LEGRIA HF M series: Stunning HD Video in an Ultra-sleek Body
The LEGRIA HF M31 and M300 Full HD flash memory camcorders incorporate a 3.3-megapixel CMOS sensor, 15x HD video lens, 2.7-inch touch screen LCD, Powered IS, Smart Auto and Advanced Video Snapshot. The LEGRIA HFM31 comes with 32GB of internal memory while the HF M300 records video direct to SD card flash memory.
All LEGRIA HF M models are compatible with a range of Canon LEGRIA accessories including the new Canon WP-V2 underwater case, which enables underwater shooting up to 40 metres.
The LEGRIA HF R series: Affordable HD quality
The new LEGRIA HF R series was designed for the budget-conscious consumer after Full HD video quality. The LEGRIA HF R18 and R16 come with 32GB and 8GB of internal memory respectively and feature a 2.39-megapixel CMOS Sensor, 20x HD video lens, and a SDHC memory card slot.
The LEGRIA FS series: Getting the Most Out of Standard Definition
Canon has launched the LEGRIA FS36 and FS306 for users who want superior image quality but do not yet require HD footage. All models feature a range of advanced shooting features, 2.7” Wide Screen LCD, 41x Advanced Zoom with Image Stabilizer and White LED light for close-up shooting in low light conditions.
Pricing and availability
The new Canon LEGRIA camcorders will be available by end February (for the SD models) and March (for the HD models) respectively at authorised Canon dealers. Prices are to be confirmed.