With this iOS app, Canon photographers can now access all the information including specifications on digital SLR lens, learn about the physics behind capturing an picture etc. The CanonSGLens app is free to download and is available on the Apple iTunes App store.
Canon Singapore has unveiled CanonSGLens, the company's free iOS app for digital SLR camera users. Available from today on the Apple iTunes App store, the app features detailed lens specifications of all Canon digital SLR lenses that are sold in Singapore. The application also contains a unique interactive simulator that allows users to compare the field of view between two camera-lens combinations, using the current list of Canon EOS digital SLR cameras and lenses. The CanonSGLens is designed to help beginners and professional photographers. Beginners can learn more about the physics behind capturing an photo, while professionals can make use of features like the depth-of-field calculator to help them achieve optimum focus.
– Highly visual interactive simulators
– Bookmark your favourite pages
– Add your own notes to any page
– Content optimized for both portrait and landscape orientations
– No Internet connection required
– Detailed lens specifications of all Canon EF and EF-S lenses sold in Singapore
– Compare lens specifications side by side, with differences indicated
– Compare high resolution MTF charts
– Compare high resolution lens construction diagrams
– Field of View simulator featuring multiple photos taken of the same scene in Singapore using different camera-lens combinations
– Depth of Field simulator
– Depth of Field calculator
– In-depth topic with interactive simulators explaining how aperture and shutter speed affect exposure, depth of field, and motion blur in the various exposure modes
CanonSGLens is available on the Apple iTunes App store – http://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/canonsglens/id490527073?ls=1&mt=8