This new Casio IT-800 RGC-35 Industrial PDA may look like an ordinary PDA, but it is designed for the corporate professionals with improved shock resistance, dust/splash-proof and features a 3.7-inch VGA display, 3G wireless WAN capability and autofocus digital camera.
TOKYO, November 12, 2009 — Casio Computer Co., Ltd., announced that it will release a new industrial PDA by the end of January 2010. The new IT-800 RGC-35 PDA weighs just 335 grams, and is equipped with a 3.7-inch VGA screen and boasts about ten times more shock resistance. The new product is also equipped with various functions for retrieving and gathering information outdoors, such as a contactless smart card reader/writer, 3G wireless WAN capability, and an autofocus digital camera.
The IT-800 RGC-35 offers 3G wireless WAN (HSDPA) capability as a standard feature, providing a high-speed data connection (download speed of up to 7.2 Mbps), as well as voice communication. The new PDA also comes with ample security features such as a login verification system that uses a contactless smart card, and automatic erasing of PDA data if it has not been operated for a certain period of time.
The new model is equipped with a 3.7-inch VGA screen with a low-reflection touch panel. By utilizing Casio’s own Blanview® LCD screen, which offers an approximately 30%* better LCD light transmission factor with about half* the backlight power consumption, the IT-800 RGC-35 delivers power-saving performance with superior visibility both indoors and outdoors. The shock resistance of the screen has also been improved by inserting a transparent shock absorption material between the LCD and the touch panel.
Developed using ISO 13407 human-centered design processes, the new PDA is easy to hold and operate. It is IP54-rated dust/splash proof, and can withstand being dropped on concrete from a height of 1.5 meters. It operates at temperatures down to –20 ºC, and is suitable for year-round outdoor use, even on hot, cold, or rainy days.
* Contactless smart card reader/writer can be used for login verification, providing tighter security
* C-MOS imager can realize high-speed and high-precision scanning of 2D and 1D symbologies
* 2.0-megapixel digital camera can take sharp images using autofocus
* GPS function enables PDA to be used as a portable navigation system
* 3G wireless WAN (HSDPA) is useful for receiving data and sending reports remotely
* Wireless LAN (802.11b/g) enables report submission when back in the office
* Wireless PAN (Bluetooth) is convenient for connecting to a portable barcode printer etc