Irrational Games has introduced a new gameplay trailer that highlights the first five minutes of gameplay in BioShock: Infinite’s upcoming DLC, giving gamers a taste of what they can expect on their return visit to the dystopic aquatic metropolis of Rapture. Be forewarned, though: the footage contains spoilers so be sure to steer clear if you want to keep the story a surprise.
Everyone who played the original BioShock remembers the game’s iconic vintage style; it was a fresh new take on an alternative 1950’s timeline that blended prominent science fiction themes with an original story arc to deliver one of the most memorable games of our era.
With BioShock: Infinite‘s upcoming two-part Burial at Sea DLC, Irrational Games is returning to the submerged city of Rapture for another undersea adventure in an effort to re-capture the magic that started it all.
The studio isn’t just relying on old tricks, though; they’ve married the franchise’s distinct vintage flair with that of a noire gumshoe flick that encapsulates the era quite nicely.
The DLC not only features a new storyline that chronicles the majesty of Rapture before it fell, but also has a slew of new gameplay features: an arsenal of new guns and weapons, Vigors (and Plasmids) to creatively decimate your foes, heart-pumping on-the-rails battles via Sky Lines, Elizabeth’s inter-dimensional Tears (these should be quite interesting to say the least), and of course those terrifying titans of the sea known as Big Daddies.
Along with the new gameplay trailer, an official achievement and trophy list has been spotted that unveils all of the in-game unlockables, which gives hints on the new guns and plasmids:
- Down in the Briney – Took a Bathysphere ride in Burial at Sea – Episode One.
- Burial at Sea – Completed Burial at Sea – Episode One.
- Audio Enthusiast – Collected all Audio Diaries in Burial at Sea – Episode One.
- Fully Equipped – Purchased any two upgrades for Old Man Winter or Radar Range in Burial at Sea – Episode One.
- Confirmed Luddite – Destroyed ten Turrets in Burial at Sea – Episode One.
- Cook and Serve – Made 5 enemies explode with the Radar Range in Burial at Sea – Episode One.
- Chain Reaction – Damaged fifteen foes with an exploding enemy, using the Radar Range in Burial at Sea – Episode One.
- Break the Ice – Shattered 5 enemies who had been frozen with Old Man Winter.
- Snowball Effect – Froze 2 enemies with the same Old Man Winter trap.
- Going Places – Rode the tram in Burial at Sea – Episode One
The two-part DLC will be free for those who own the BioShock: Infinite Season Pass, and overall Burial At Sea looks to be a huge improvement over the recently released arena-based Clash in the Clouds DLC. It will be interesting to see all of the unique plot twists that Irrational incorporates within the upcoming episodes, and how they blend the two iconic games together for an unforgettable experience.
BioShock: Infinite’s Burial At Sea Episode 1 DLC has been confirmed for a Holiday 2013 release window for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. For more information be sure to visit Irrational’s official website.