Yahoo! had a Yahoo! Mobile for Web and iPhone App Launch at CommunicAsia this year.
The press release is as follows:
Yahoo! today announced the availability of the new Yahoo! Mobile, an open and highly-personalized mobile starting point to the Internet, on both the mobile Web and as an Apple® iPhone app, for Singapore. The new Yahoo! Mobile allows consumers to discover, stay connected and stay informed through their mobile devices.
Yahoo! Mobile for the Web is now available across more than 400 devices with HTML-enabled mobile browsers by visiting http://sg.new.m.yahoo.com/, while the Yahoo! Mobile iPhone app is now available in the Apple iPhone App Store. Both are currently available in 17 countries across Europe, the America and Asia, including Australia, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Taiwan, with additional countries expected to launch over the next several months.
“Consumers in Singapore are demanding compelling mobile Internet services that offer increased personalization,” said Matthias Kunze, managing director of Yahoo! Mobile, Asia Pacific. “To further capitalize on the market potential and continue our mobile leadership, we created Yahoo! Mobile, a dynamic starting point enabling consumers to discover the world around them, stay connected through a variety of communication services, and customize content to define their Internet experience on mobile devices.”
With a rich design and interactivity that leverages the capabilities of today’s mobile devices, Yahoo! Mobile offers an open environment within which consumers can bring together their favorite content and services from across the Internet. Consumers can:
Discover: via results from Yahoo!’s award-winning mobile search, editor-selected content and local information
Stay Connected: through access to their email and social network accounts from the most popular Web providers, as well as instant messaging, address book and calendar tools.
Stay Informed: by bringing together favorite content – Web sites, sports teams, news sources, RSS feeds, weather, stocks, horoscopes and more – into a single location.
KEY FEATURES OF YAHOO! MOBILE
· Yahoo! oneSearch™- Yahoo!’s award-winning mobile search service providing the most current, relevant answers you need.
· Today on Yahoo! – The most interesting stories buzzing on the Internet right now, selected by Yahoo!’s editorial team.
· Email – Access to Yahoo! Mail and other popular email service providers, including Gmail® and Windows Live™ Hotmail
· Social Pulse – Integrated access to social networks including Bebo®, Dopplr™, Facebook®, Flickr®, Friendster®, Last.fm®, MySpace®, Twitter™ and YouTube™.
· Yahoo! Messenger – An upgraded version of Yahoo!’s popular mobile instant messaging service.
· Yahoo! Address Book – Keeps consumers’ contacts always handy and in sync.
· Yahoo! Calendar – View, add and edit appointments when users are away from their PCs.
· Yahoo! News – Breaking local headlines across popular topics.
· My Interests – Users can manage their favorite content, all from one location. The “Add Anything” functionality is a simple-to-use search and browse process that helps users find and add what they want. Consumers can add their favorite interests from a growing selection of popular categories including news topics and sources, RSS feeds, weather conditions, sports scores, stock quotes, websites/blogs, horoscopes, movie theaters and much more.
Enabling the growth of mobile advertising
Yahoo! Mobile for Web will feature display advertising from leading brands, allowing consumers to interact with these rich media ads through functions such as send to a friend, locate a dealer, clicking to call the advertiser directly or the ability to learn more information about the advertiser’s offer. With some of the highest quality inventory available and a highly-engaged user base, Yahoo! is focused on creating scale for advertisers by helping them reach their targeted audience wherever they are.