Corsair AX760 Power Supply Review
Today we are having a look at the Corsair AX760; the replacement of the older AX750 and the non-digital version of the recently released AX760i. This power supply boasts amazing performance figures, 80Plus Platinum efficiency, an all modular design and pretty much everything a hardcore user desires. Can it deliver though? We will find out in this review.
Last year, Corsair made an impression with their digital PSUs. Through our reviews here in VR-Zone we had the chance to work on both the monstrous AX1200i and the excellent AX860i, the performance and features of which made most enthusiasts drool over their keyboards. However Corsair recognized that not everyone really needs the digital link interface, yet everyone craved the crazy performance which these units offered, thus they released two "non-digital" AX series power supplies as well, the AX760 and AX860. It is the AX760 which we will be reviewing today, checking to see whether its performance is up to par with the digital units of the series.
Corsair might have started as a computer RAM manufacturer but today the company also is one of the favorite performance PSU suppliers among enthusiasts. They offer tens of products through six series, each series aiming at a different segment of the market. During the past few months, Corsair completely upgraded the AX PSU series, enriching it with digital units with USB interfaces (such as the AX1200i and the AX860i which we reviewed in the last few months) and replacing the older AX750 and AX850 with the more advanced AX760 and AX860. Due to their power rating and nearly identical specifications, most people would think that the AX760/AX860 and the AX760i/AX860i are identical, with the exception of the USB interface; that however is entirely incorrect, as even the OEM manufacturer differs, meaning that they are entirely different products down to their very core. Is the non-digital version as capable as the digital -i version then in terms of performance? We will find out in this review, as we are putting the AX760 to the test.
Manufacturer’s features and specifications
- Dedicated single +12V rail
- An ultra-quiet, 120mm double ball-bearing fan delivers excellent airflow with exceptionally low noise levels by varying fan speed in response to temperature
- 80 PLUS Platinum certified, delivering up to 92% energy efficiency under real-world load conditions
- Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) with PF value of 0.99
- Universal AC input from 90~264V
- Over-voltage, under-voltage, over-current, and short circuit protection provide maximum safety for your critical system components
- Engineered to meet maximum power output at a server-grade 50°C temperature rating.
- Self-test switch to determine PSU functionality even before installation.
- High-quality capacitors provide uncompromised performance and reliability
- A seven year warranty and lifetime access to Corsair's legendary technical support and customer service
- Safety Approvals: cTUVus, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TÜV, CCC, C-tick
150mm x 86mm x 160mm
4 Pin Peripheral Connector