With Apple dominating the world with iPods and iPhones, there comes a time when you’ll find that you need a speaker dock to play your tunes. There are many to choose from in the market. But how will this new kid on the block stand up against established makers like JBL, Altec Lansing and Creative in the iPod/iPhone speaker dock market? Read on to find out more!
With the iPods and iPhones sales breaking record almost every quarter, many companies are having their slice of the pie that Apple has baked when it comes to 3rd-party accessories. The market for dock speaker system is already being saturated with big names such as Altec Lansing, Bose, Creative, JBL and Klipsch, just to name a few. So how will Edifier fair in this rat race of sound boxes?
Bfore we go on, some of you might not have heard of this brand before, but Edifier has been around for quite a while now. Started back in the ’90s in China, Edifier today has offices located in Canada, Argentina and Hong Kong. With their goal of providing quality sound equipment at affordable price, let’s see how much bang do we get for our bucks for the iF350. Here are some overview of the test subject.
- Portable speaker for iPod or iPhone.
- Two 3-inch speaker drivers deliver smooth, clean, uncompromised audio.
- Built-in rechargeable Li-on battery – up to 15 hours of playtime on a single charge.
- Full function wireless remote allows navigation of iPod songs and playlists. When not required simply store in the slot within the unit.
- Fold away dock and neoprene carry pouch for easy portability.
- FM radio with up to 18 presets.
- Black LCD screen – displays radio station, volume and battery status.
- Switching power supply for worldwide use.
- Aux-in jack for connection of other MP3, CD or DVD.
- Total power output: RMS 12W (2 x 6W)
- Input Type: iPod / Aux / FM
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.5%
- Signal to noise ratio: >85 dBA
- Frequency response: 30Hz ~ 20kHz
- Power supply: Full range universal 90V – 240V, 50Hz/60Hz
- Gross weight: Approx 1.5kg