Barcelona, 16th February 2010 – PUMA AG and Sagem Wireless unveiled at the Mobile World Congress the much anticipated PUMA PHONE. The PUMA PHONE is not like all those other phones; its design, from on-board features and technology to unique user interface to connected services reflects the DNA of the PUMA’s brand. Completely custom designed from the inside out, the PUMA PHONE is an uber friendly device engineered to facilitate and encourage an active way of life both digitally and physically.
The PUMA PHONE is an active smartphone. Beyond internet, messaging, and GPS localization capabilities, solar charging, video calling and Bluetooth photo sharing are all designed to make the device engaging and responding to consumers requirements. The spin and scratch music player and integrated radio make the device a connected companion. Designed around an active lifestyle, its sleek shape factor makes it a wearable fashion accessory.
Users will be guaranteed access to the PUMA WORLD in a click. A carousel-based menu on the device will allow an easy navigation through multimedia contents, enabling PUMA to aggregate rich media content services into a single intuitive and
entertaining mobile user experience. Users will be able to interact with multimedia content from puma.com, download PUMA applications, and access PUMA products through mCommerce services. These connected services also enable mobile operators to create and access new channels for reaching niche communities with highly customised products and services that drive data usage.
The PUMA PHONE will be available through mobile network operators across greater Europe and on PUMA online store from April 2010, with international markets following.
Key features of the PUMA PHONE include:
– Integrated solar cell, with charge indicator
– Touchscreen: 2.8 inch thumbable screen with 240 x 320 QVGA resolution and TFT wide viewing angle
– Camera: 3.2 megapixel camera with LED flash and x6 zoom; Bluetooth photo sharing
– Video: VGA video call camera; full screen video playback, with video recording and streaming and progressive video download
– Music: wide range of music formats with playlist support and FM radio
– Localisation: GPS, compass, geotagging, routing and mapping
– Sports: pedometer, GPS tracker and stopwatch
– Internet: Open internet browsing, with WAP Push
– Messaging: Mobile email client and mobile web mail notification; instant messaging; MMS and SMS
– HSPA and W-CDMA/EDGE/GPRS/GSM connectivity; Bluetooth; USB 2.0
– Talk time up to 5 hours with 350 hours stand-by time; video call time 140 minutes; music player time 24 hours; video player time 5 hours
– Tablet form factor; 115g weight and dimensions of 102mm x 56mm x 13mm