EVGA X58 SLI Classified 760 (Non NF200) Run-Through
CPU Socket Area
- Higher Percentage of Gold used on the socket 1366 pins to lower impedence.
- Nickel plated coating for the Socket.
CPU PWM Area
- CPU powered by 10 Phase Digital PWM rated at 45A per phase.
- Maximum possible power ouput at 1.4v vcore = (10x45A)1.4v = 630Watts
- VTT powered by Dual phase PWM rated at 35A per phase.
As you can see, there’s an odd occurence in the form of an inductor between the Memory slots and CPU socket. This, we’re told, is a seperate Inductor for the Memory Controller of the CPU.
Memory DIMM Slots Area
- 3 Phase PWM rated at 35 Ampere per phase.
- Red coloured DIMM slots 1,3,5 are to be utilised if only 3 dimms are used for Tri-Channel memory configuration.
- Supports up to 24GB of DDR3 Memory (4GB per stick)
- Supports Triple Channel DDR3-1600+
- The large Evga logo ”e” lights up in red during operation. Fades in and out.
- Nickel plated heatsinks for IOH/NB and DIGITAL PWM.
- IOH/Northbridge heatsink comes with mounting holes for 40mm type fan that are not included in the package.
Note that for Themalright Ultra-120 type CPU heatsink users who wish to mount the heatsink vertically, there will only be 1-2mm of space left in between the Ultra-120 and the IOH/Northbridge heatsink as shown.
Voltage Readout Points
- V_Core, V_DIMM, VTT, IOH, CPU PLL, QPI PLL, ICH IO, ICH, Ground measure
- Handy for overclocking enthusiasts who wants to take the actual voltage readings of the points via a digital multimeter.
- Reduces the chances of accidental damage to electronics components as taking a direct reading from the components itself is no longer needed.
Diasble PCIe Lanes Jumper Pins
- This is one of the unique feature that you will not find in any other boards out there, the ability to disable the lanes of the PCIe slots that will also, “turn off” the graphics card seated on the slot.
- Allows users to test individual graphics card’s ability to overclock without removing the other cards plugged in.
- Allows users to troubleshoot problematic watercooled graphics cards without the hassle of dismantling their water-Loop.
- Allows users to further minimise the power usage by disabling the graphics cards that maybe redundent when user is not using the computer for gaming purposes before powering up the PC.
Onboard Power/Reset/Clear CMOS Buttons/Fan Headers/IEEE1394a Firewire Header
- Power button lights up in red during operation and standby mode.
- Reset button lights up in orange and mimics HDD activity.
- Location of the buttons and headers will be blocked up if user intends to go multiple graphics card config.
USB Headers/Debug LED/Front Panel Header/ECP Header(JP80P)
The Debug LED indicates the POST initialisation sequences where different parts of the motherboard are being initialised e.g Memory/VGA/CPU. Handy for users to look out for the type of failure during a POST initialisation. It also allows users to configure it for monitoring of CPU temperature after the POST initialisation. The initialisation codes can be found in the manual.
Maybe be sold seperately and not come with Motherboard
EVGA Control Panel (ECP) – Connected to Frontpanel Header, JP80P and PCIe Lane Jumpers
- External Power/Reset LED Buttons on ECP
- CMOS Reset button on ECP
- Shifts Diasble PCIe Lanes Jumper Pins function onto the ECP board.
- +0.1v Vcore Buttons x 3 (Adds up to a total of 0.3v vcore on-the-fly) on ECP. Users should always check to make sure that the buttons are not activated accidentally as depressing the buttons will boost VCore.
- This is the answer for multiple graphics card users that will have their onboard power/rest/clr cmos buttons blocked out by their cards. The size of the pcb board makes it possible for users to mount it onto a 3.5 or 5.25 inch drive bay bezal.
- Very handy for users who wish to disable the PCIe lanes without opening up the chassis to save power, troubleshooting or testing of individual graphics card’s overclocking capability.
- Note that this ECP also uses the power and reset button pins that is usually connected to the chassis power and reset buttons. Therefore, users can only make use of the ECP to power or reset their PC.
Intel X58 IOH/Northbridge Chipset Area
- Single Phase IOH PWM rated at 35 Ampere per Phase.
ICH10R/Southbridge Chipset Area
- The Nvidia NF200 Chip is no longer there and not even its solder pads can be found here which indicates that the board uses a PCB different from the NF200 version.
Rear IO Ports / Shield
- James Bond 007 Classified??
SATA/eSATA/IDE Ports/PCIe X1
- Total of 9 SATA + 1 eSATA II 300MB/s ports and 1 IDE port.
- 6 black SATA ports (1~6) are directly controlled by the ICH chipset and the rest of the red SATA/eSATA and IDE ports (2+1 SATA/ 1 eSATA(Rear I/O)/ 1 IDE) are controlled by two Jmicron chips.
PCI-E x1 Soundcard/RAID card + Tri-SLI + PhysX (Single Slot Gpu), additional 3 way-SLI bridge connector (best performance in gaming, visual and sound)
As you can see in the photo, the longer 3-way SLI connector actually allows the addition of a single slot graphics card to be slotted in between the 2nd and the 3rd two slot graphics card that will be in 3-way SLI mode. This allows users to maximise the capability of the system for games that uses PhysX by configuring a single slot based PhysX capable graphics card for the PhysX solution.
The slots are made to accomodate a maximum of 3 dual slot + 1 single slot PCIe x16 graphics card and it still has room for a PCIe x1 soundcard. If all PCIE slots are occupied, the actual PCIe lanes assigned will be x1/x8/x8/x8/x8. Please note that for users who want to run this kind of configuration in a casing, users will be limited to casing with no less then 8 expansion slots. Users who intends to water cool the graphics card slotted in the last PCIe x16 slot can still use a normal casing with 7 expansion slots.
SLI bridges supplied
Onboard Sound/Dual GbE LAN
- Realtek CL888 Sound Chip
- Realtek RTL8111C GbE LAN Chip