Facebook growth potential in Middle East and Africa [Infographic]
Facebook is the biggest social network in the world and even though it is hard to believe that it could get any bigger the fact is that in places like the Middle East and Africa it is only getting started.
That is a mind numbingly large number and even more mind boggling that this is the number that Facebook likes to claim it has as members in its social network. The thing about that number is that it really only reflects U.S. and Europe which means that there is still plenty of growth ahead for the company as it turns its attention to places like the Middle East and North Africa.
To give you an idea of the potential for the company social media analytics company SocialBakers has put together an infographic showing how Facebook has grown in these regions and how there is still plenty of opportunity ahead for the social network.
Here's a few of the more interesting points from the infographic:
- 44 million Facebook users are from the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) regions
- 4 percent of all Facebook users are from the MENA areas
- Egypt has seen the largest growth with 2.5 million users in November
- Facebook is seeing 21 new registrations per minute from the MENA areas
- 65% of the MENA area members are male