Final Fantasy XIV receives release date of August 27
Square-Enix has revealed the release date for the Final Fantasy XIV reboot. A Realm Reborn will be out on PC and PS3 on August 27th. There will be both a standard and collector's edition of the game.
One of the biggest games this generation that also turned into one of the most troubled ones in recent memory has almost completed its rebirth. That game is Final Fantasy XIV: A Real Reborn. It has taken Square-Enix a very long time (almost 2 years) to address all the problems this game had when it initially launched and it looks like they’re almost ready to send the game back out into the wild with hopes of a much better reception.
The game will be released on PC and PS3 on August 27th, and will carry a monthly subscription fee of £7.69/€10.99. Along with the release date, Square has also detailed the incentives for pre-order, as well as the collector’s edition of the game. The pre-order incentives are as follows (this is for either version of the game, standard or collector’s):
- Early Access: Access the game servers ahead of the official launch. Get your head start and make your mark in the realm of Eorzea!
- Cait Sith Doll Minion: On sabbatical from Shinra Inc. and looking for adventure, Cait Sith will join your party as a non-combat pet.
- Mog Cap: Show your love of FINAL FANTASY and strut around the world of Eorzea in this Moogle themed hat. Kupo!
As for what comes with the inside the collector’s edition of the game:
- Collector's box designed by Yoshitaka Amano, legendary Final Fantasy artist
- 80-page "Art of Eorzea" hardcover art book featuring never-before-seen concept art
- "The Waning of the Sixth Sun," a special bonus video disc that takes a cinematic look at the events that led up to the realm being reborn
- "Sounds of Eorzea" album that features musical scores by renowned Final Fantasy series composers
- Five collectable character art cards
- A Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn-branded security token to secure user accounts
- In-game bonus items: Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Coeurl Mount and Behemoth Barding
After what seems like an endless amount of beta testing, the game’s release is drawing near. Overall feedback seems positive from those who have participated, so if this was a game you were let down by after looking forward to it for so long, I think it’s safe to get excited again. I bet Square is betting on you too.