Flip Video announces new FlipShare with social features and mobile apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
New social and video sharing capabilities have been added to the latest Flip Video's FlipShare software, and the maker has also announced the new mobile app for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices.
Cisco’s Flip Video has announced their new FlipShare software that comes with social and video sharing capabilities as well as FlipShare Mobile apps for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices. Users will be notified of the available upgrade automatically in this month when they open the FlipShare application, or they can go to FlipShare.com to download it.
The FlipShare software, which comes with every Flip video camera, now has enhanced video sharing capabilities. The new software includes FlipShare Groups for users to share videos more securely with friends and family. After creating a FlipShare Group, users and their friends can access their videos from FlipShare.com and through the FlipShare Mobile apps that are now available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Within FlipShare Groups, users can comment, read and post messages on each other’s videos and Groups.
Compatible with both Mac and PC computers, FlipShare allows contacts to be imported directly from Gmail, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo and AOL address books so users can easily create address books for sharing videos.
New Features for FlipShare:
– Create and manage FlipShare Groups
– Watch all your videos anywhere, anytime at FlipShare.com
– Comment on videos and read what others have posted in return
– Import contacts from your email address book
– Expanded greetings card library
– Enhanced video quality and performance for private email video sharing
The FlipShare Mobile app is free and easy to use. You can share any mobile video or photo to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube or directly to friends and family, while on the move. You don’t even need to own a Flip Video camcorder.
Features for Mobile App:
– Available for the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Android – with or without owning a Flip video camera
– Share up to five mobile videos and/or photos at once to Facebook, Twitter or YouTube – or send directly to friends and family
– Post a comment, share, or “favourite” a video with the click of a button
– Built-in filters let users quickly navigate and organise their video library
– Compatible with iPhone 3G or higher, iPod touch 2nd generation or higher, iPad Requires iOS 4.0.0 or higher, and Android 1.6 or higher
– Available now at iTunes Store and Android Market