Swedish-based Fractal Design has launched the Core 1000 PC chassis, targeting mainstream users. Measuring 175 x 355 x 420mm and weighing 4.1kg, the all-black chassis has sufficient room for two 3.5" HDDs (or three 2.5" SSDs), two optical devices, four PCIe slots, demountable HDD tray with anti-vibration silicone grommets, and a side mounted I/O panel with two USB 2.0 ports and audio connectors. It is preinstalled with one 140mm fan (top) and supports up to an additional three fans (x1 120mm front, x1 92mm rear, & x1 120mm side). The Core 1000 PC chassis is expected to start shipping soon.
FRACTAL DESIGN PRESS RELEASE
The Core 1000 brings many features usually only seen in more expensive and larger cases. It supports long graphics cards up to 350mm due to the innovative, vertical and removable HDD mounting bracket. The front panel’s easily removable and pre-fitted with fan filters to ensure a dust free interior.
The sleek black interior is matched and contrasted with white expansion slots. Similar to the Define Series, all the HDD trays are fitted with anti-vibration silicon grommets for optimal silence.
- Simple yet elegant front panel with mesh and filter
- Optimized for performance in small, Micro ATX form factor with multiple cooling options
- A total of 3 fan slots (1x 120mm in front, 1x 92mm in rear, 1x 120mm in side panel)
- One fan included (1x 140mm in top)
- Innovative, easily removable HDD-tray which mounts the HDD's verticaly with anti vibration silicone grommets
- Support graphic cards with lenghts up to 350mm
- Support 3x 2,5" SSD
- Easily removable front panel with clip on fan slots
- 2x 3.5 inch HDD trays or 3x 2.5" SSD-You can mount 1x 3.5" HDD tray and 1x 2.5" SDD at the same time
- 2x 5,25 inch bays, with 1x 5,25>3,5 inch converter included
- 2x USB 2.0 and Audio I/O – mounted on side of front panel
- No PSU included
- M/B compatibility: Mini ITX and Micro ATX
- 4 expansion slots with sleek white painted brackets
- Supports graphic card lengths up to 210mm when removable HDD-Bay is in place
- Supports graphic card lengths up to 350mm without removable HDD-Bay
- Supports CPU coolers with height of 135mm
- Case size (WxHxD): 175x355x420mm with front and top bezel in place
- Net weight: 4.1kg
For more information, visit the product page.