Building on the success of its popular predecessor, the Define R2, Swedish-based Fractal Design has launched the Define R3 series of PC chassis.
Building on the success of its popular predecessor, the Define R2,
Swedish-based Fractal Design has launched the Define R3 series of PC chassis.
Measuring 207.40 x 440 x 521.2mm and weighing 12.50kg, the stylish
chassis has two 5.25” drive bays, eight 3.5” bays, seven expansion
slots, anti-vibration silicone HDD mountings, support for up to seven
fans (2x 120mm – front, 2x 120/ 140mm – top, 1x 120mm – rear, 1x 120/
140mm – side) & 1x 120/ 140mm – bottom), an integrated fan
controller (up to 3 fans), and a topside I/O panel with one eSATA, two
USB 2.0 ports, and audio connectors. The stylish chassis, fitted with
noise absorbing material, also features an interesting “ModuVent” design
(which gives users the option of choosing optimal airflow or silence).
The Define R3 is available in four colors – Pearl Black, Titanium Grey,
Silver Arrow, or Arctic White color. Expect the Define R3 to hit store shelves soon at a MSRP of USD 99/ 89 Euro.
- Stunning front panel design
- Patent pending ModuVent design, allowing the user to either have optimal silence or optimal airflow
- Pre-fitted with dense, noise absorbing material
- 8 white painted HDD-trays, with silicone mounting
- A total of 7 fan slots (2x120mm in front, 2x 120/140mm in top, 1x120mm
in back, 1x 120/140mm in side panel, 1x 120/140mm in bottom)
- 2x 120mm Fractal Design 120mm fans included
- Fan controller for 3 fans included
- Easily removable front fan filters with clip-on holders for 120mm fans
- Supports graphic card lengths up to circa 290mm and CPU coolers with height of maximum circa 165mm
- Supports PSU’s with a depth of maximum circa 170mm, when using bottom 120/140mm fan location
- When not using the bottom 120/ 140mm fan location, the case supports also longer PSU’s, typically 200-220mm