Fujitsu has announced the addition of multi-touch input for their Lifebook T5010 tablet PC, which would allow users to do much more like panning, zooming and rotating with just two fingers. (Very much like how you do it on most touchscreen mobile phones).
SUNNYVALE, CA — 09/15/09 – Fujitsu gave mobile users in North America another reason to choose the LifeBook T5010 convertible tablet PC today, announcing the convenience of multi touch input. The new dual digitizer’s touch screen function on the 13.3-inch display offers a new level of interaction by supporting two-finger touch for actions including panning, rotating, flicks and zooming. With seamless switching between pen and touch, users can change tasks on the fly, from casual surfing to detailed editing or writing.
The Windows Vista-based LifeBook T5010 convertible tablet PC is the first in a line of new LifeBook platforms and form factors designed to take advantage of the advanced capabilities of Microsoft’s soon-to-be-launched Windows 7.
- NEW optional dual digitizer (active digitizer/capacitive touch) with two-finger support for gestures including zoom, rotate, and flicks; stylus support for inking, editing/annotating files
- Converts from tablet into a standard notebook with keyboard input using the industry’s first bi-directional swivel hinge
- Weighs approximately 4.5 pounds in weight-saver configuration
- 13.3-inch mercury-free WXGA bright LED backlight LCD with wide viewing angles
- Modular bay, which supports an optical drive or optional second battery
- Optional mobile broadband support on select models (AT&T integrated broadband connect and Verizon Wireless mobile broadband built in)
- Enterprise manageability support with Intel active management technology
- Optional Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (free upgrade) and Vista Business (XP downgrade)
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor technology
- Full-size, spill-resistant keyboard with touchpad
- Optional integrated webcam and (standard) dual digital microphones
- Full suite of security features: dedicated SmartCard slot, integrated fingerprint sensor, security panel, BIOS and hard drive password protection, embedded TPM 1.2, Computrace BIOS agent.
Priced starting at US$1,759 with an active digitizer and priced starting at US$1,859 with a dual digitizer option. Users can choose from a recommended configuration, or they can customize their LifeBook T5010 convertible tablet PC using the Fujitsu Configure To Order (CTO) program. Available immediately through the Fujitsu website and select retailers/e-tailers.