Google Drive for Android receives an update, bringing a new UI and a lot of new features with it.
Google Drive app for Android has been updated. The new update brings a refreshed UI much inspired by Google Now (cards). Also included are the usual bug fixes and one handy new feature, a built-in scanner.
The updated UI looks refreshingly good!
The new UI brings many changes, which include a sort of drawer for some of the frequently accessed menus, and the ability to view documents in thumbnail view apart from the usual list. One of the most notable new features is the ability to scan and save documents. You can scan anything, receipts, letters etc. and then save it in PDF form. Additionally you can search for a particular word within the scanned document. Neat huh?
Here's the complete Changelog for the updated Google Drive app:
- New grid view makes it easier to find your files
- New quick preview lets you view photos and other files from within the app
- Scan documents, receipts and letters for safe keeping in Drive; then search by contents once uploaded
- Download a copy of files to your local device (Honeycomb+)
- Spreadsheet editor now supports changing fonts, colors and cell alignment
- View properties of files from within the editors
- Bug fixes and visual improvements
Hit the source link below if you're interested in installing this app on your favorite Android powered device.
Source: Google Drive on Play Store