The popular photo-sharing app, Instagram, which used to be available only on the iPhone and iPads, has come to the Android platform. You can download the mobile app for free from Google Play (formerly Android Market).
Launched in October 2010, Instagram is a popular photo-sharing app that is only available on Apple's iPhone and iPad, and has over 30 million users to date. And now the company is moving to cover the Android market with the launch of their app on Google's platform. For those who aren't familiar, Instagram allows you to share your photos in a simple photo stream with friends, family and even to the whole world. You can also follow your friend's photos with just a click of a button. And every day when you open the app, you'll see new photos from your friends and other creative people from around the world. The app also offers a wide selection of filtered effects that you can use to give your picture a new artistic look. The Instagram app for Android is free to download from Google Play and requires Google Android 2.2 Froyo and higher.
- 100% free custom designed filters and borders
- Lux works its magic by making your photos more vibrant and brings out details in your photos you couldn't see before
- Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Foursquare (Flickr coming very soon)
- Interact with friends through giving & receiving likes and comments
- Works with Android versions 2.2 and above that support OpenGL ES 2
- Full front & back camera support