Intel Core i7-980X Processor Extreme Edition Giveaway
Yes, you read that right. Intel is giving away i7-980X for Tweeting geeks. More on the rules and regulation inside.
Intel “ReTweet” Giveaway
OFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: Intel ReTweet Giveaways (“Giveaway”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, and have an account on Twitter.com (“Twitter”). Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Intel (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, Mr. Youth LLC (“Administrator”), Twitter.com (“Twitter”), Twitpay, and anyone involved in the production, development or handling of this Giveaway are not eligible. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Timing: Giveaway begins at the time of @Intel’s Twitter announcement at 3:00pm on April 15, 2010, and ends at 11:59pm on April 30, 2010 per the rules below (the “Giveaway Period”). All times are Eastern Time.
3. How to Enter: To enter, visit http://www.twitter.com/Intel (“Giveaway Website”) to find and ReTweet (or repeat posted message) the specific Giveaway message posted by the @Intel Twitter handle between 4/15/2010 and 4/30/2010 (“Intel Tweet”) with the specific hashtag #corei7extreme as instructed on the Giveaway Website and in accordance with Twitter’s site terms and conditions. A drawing will be held using the entries from only the participants who have ReTweeted the specific messaging during the specified giveaway period. One participant will be drawn at random at the end of the Giveaway period to receive one prize each. Limit of one entry or ReTweet per Twitter account.
4. Prize and approximate retail value (“ARV”): (1) Intel Core i7 Extreme Processor (MSRP $999). Prizes will be shipped to winner’s residence. Any expenses not mentioned above are the winner’s responsibility. Taxes are the winner’s responsibility. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. No substitution for prize except as may be necessary due to unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received.
5. Winner Validation: Winners will be notified via direct message on Twitter by Administrator between 4/30/2010 and 5/30/2010 to confirm their prize mailing address and will be directed to check their email for further directions. Winners must respond within seven (7) days of the date and time of notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. In the event that any of the selected winners are ineligible to receive a prize, the prize will not be awarded. In the event that the winners cannot be determined from a larger universe of eligible entrants, a random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator from among all eligible entrants, whose decisions regarding the Sweepstakes are final. Prize acceptance constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner’s name and likeness for publicity purposes without additional compensation.
6. General Terms: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Participants, by participating in this Sweepstakes, hereby waive and release, and agree to hold harmless the Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, Twitter.com, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, from and against, any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause of thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of, or inability to use a prize in the Sweepstakes, or their participation in the Sweepstakes, or their participation in any Sweepstakes or prize related activity. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or illegible entries or Internet technical, hardware, software, telephone, or transmission failures of any kind, which may limit a person’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants’ or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from entering or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend advertising the Sweepstakes on the Internet should a computer virus, unauthorized intervention or other cause corrupt the integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant found to be disrupting the operation of the Sweepstakes or its web site. If the integrity of the Internet portion of the Sweepstakes is compromised in any manner, Sponsor reserves the right to modify Sweepstakes and randomly select a winner from valid entries received that are unaffected by the problem. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any online entrant, entrant will be deemed the individual named on the online entry. All issues and questions concerning these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Pennsylvania.
7. Winners List: For the winner’s name, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Mr Youth 75 Ninth Avenue, 4th Floor. New York, NY 10011
2200 Mission College Blvd.
Santa Clara, CA 95054-1549
Mr. Youth LLC
75 Ninth Ave. 4th fl
New York, NY 10011
Twitter.com and Facebook.com are not affiliated with the sponsorship or administration of this Sweepstakes.
© Intel Corporation
The Creative Assembly, Total War, Napoleon: Total War and the Total War logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Creative Assembly Limited. Napoleon: Total War game play footage is the property of SEGA. SEGA and the SEGA logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. All rights reserved.