The results are fairly conclusive/obvious – so we will just put a short description of the benchmark tests and stressors.
Cinebench R11.5 (http://www.maxon.net/downloads/cinebench.html)
- Based on CINEMA 4D
- Shows near linear scaling with CPU clock speed.
- Performs a fair amount of floating point operations.
- AGARD 445.6 aeroelastic test wing (computational fluid dynamics)
- Does not scale very well with adding processors.
- Does not scale linearly with processor clock speed.
- Floating point intensive workload
UCBench 2011 (http://anrieff.net/ucbench)
- RAR password cracker
- AES/SHA-1 units for decryption and support for SSE4/XOP instruction sets
- Scales with clock speed and cores
wPrime 2.07 1024M (http://www.wprime.net/)
- Recursive call of Newton's method for estimating functions
- Scales with core count, clock speed and memory latency
- FP heavy