JiaYu is all-set to launch its first high-end device, the S1. JiaYu is well-known in the Chinese market for making affordable devices, and this marks the manufacturer’s first foray into the world of high-end devices.
The JiaYu S1 will in fact come with a 5-inch full-HD screen, along with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chip, NFC and wireless charging. The S1 will come with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. The device’s stainless steel chassis is said to be great at dissipating heat away from the quad-core CPU. Another highlight on the JiaYu S1 is the inclusion of Sony sensors for its front and rear cameras.
JiaYu S1 full specifications:
- 5-inch full-HD (1920X1080) with a 178 degree viewing angle
- 1.7 GHz quad-core Krait 300 CPU and Adreno 320 GPU
- 2 GB RAM and 32 GB internal memory with no micro-SD slot
- 13 megapixel camera at the back that can shoot full-HD videos at 30fps
- 2 megapixel camera at the front
- 2,300 mAh non-removable battery
- 3G, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 and inductive charging
- Dimensions of 138 x 69 x 9mm
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
The JiaYu S1 was originally estimated to cost $320, although the JiaYu Store has the device listed for $279. If the S1 does manage to sell for under $300, then it would give other manufacturers like UMi and Huawei a run for their money.
Source: JiaYu Store