Hsinchu, Taiwan, — November 23, 2010 — Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the HyperX MAX 3.0 External USB 3.0 Drive.
Shipping in December.
The following is a press release:
Kingston Digital Launches HyperX MAX 3.0 External USB 3.0 Drive
Hsinchu, Taiwan, — November 23, 2010 — Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the HyperX MAX 3.0 External USB 3.0 Drive. Shipping in December, the SuperSpeed USB certified HyperX MAX 3.0 drive is a fast and durable external USB 3.0 storage drive. SuperSpeed USB is the specification delivering USB 3.0 transfer speeds up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
Kingston’s HyperX MAX 3.0 has a read speed of up to 195MB/sec., and a write speed of up to 160MB/sec., when paired with a USB 3.0 compatible device. It is also fully compatible with USB 2.0 devices, as the speed defaults back to USB 2.0 capability. During internal testing, a 10GB movie file was transferred in only 1 minute, 12 seconds to the HyperX MAX 3.0 from a USB 3.0 system*. The transfer time increased to 5 minutes, 52 seconds using a USB 2.0 port with the same test bed.
HyperX MAX 3.0 is an excellent drive solution for any prosumer, computer enthusiast or professional requiring extremely fast file transfer to their PC with portability requirements. Moving or backing up HD video, RAW images or other large project files are examples that can take advantage of the extremely high-speed data transfers of the USB 3.0 interface.
“The HyperX MAX 3.0 External USB 3.0 Drive follows the tradition of Kingston’s HyperX enthusiast DRAM family providing users with premium quality and extreme performance,” said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. “In addition to portability and speed, users will be pleased with the durability of this drive. Its Flash memory-based architecture is designed for the rigors of mobile use.”
HyperX MAX 3.0 is available in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB capacities and is sold through Kingston’s authorized channel of distributors and resellers. It comes with a three-year warranty and is backed by Kingston’s legendary free technical service and support. For detailed information please visit the Kingston Web site at: http://www.kingston.com/
Kingston HyperX MAX 3.0 Features and Specifications
- Performance: USB-IF SuperSpeed-Certified
- Standardized: Complies with USB 3.0 specification standards, compatible with USB 2.0
- Sequential Speed: Read: up to 195MB/sec., Write: up to 160MB/sec
- Shock-resistant: Built with Flash components so no moving parts
- Portable: Aluminum design is sleek, stylish and rugged
- Silent: Runs silently with no moving parts
- Easy: Plug & play with no driver required; utilizes USB bus power with no additional bus power required
- Guaranteed: Three-year warranty
- Capacities**: 64GB, 128GB and 256GB
- Dimensions: 2.89″ x 4.67″ x 0.47″ (73.49mm x 118.60mm x 12.00mm)
- Vibration Operating: 20G Peak, 10-2000Hz, (20min/Axis) x 3 Axis
- Vibration Non-operating: 20G Peak, 10-2000Hz, (12 Cycle/Axis) x 3 Axis, x 20min.
- Operating Shock: 1500G
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 60 C/ 32 to 140 F
- Storage Temperature: -20 to 85 C/ -4 to 185 F
- Power Consumption: 4.5W
- Dual LED: Blue for USB 3.0, green for USB 2.0
Compatibility Table (Operating System)
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista (SP1, SP2)
- Windows XP (SP3)
** Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Guide at kingston.com/flash_memory_guide
File Transfer Speeds (m:ss) for HyperX MAX 3.0 USB 3.0 External USB Drive*
10GB Movie File
USB 3.0 port: 1:12
USB 2.0 port 5:52
475 MP3 Music Files
USB 3.0 port 0:20
USB 2.0 port 1:16
4GB Hi-Res TIFF & JPEG Images
USB 3.0 port 0:55
USB 2.0 port 2:37
* Test system: Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4; CPU: Intel Core i5 @ 3.47GHz; Memory: 8GB DDR3; USB 3.0: NEC Host Controller; Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.