Kingston has recently announced their new DataTraveler® 200 USB flash drives and claims to be the world’s first to market the USB flash drive of 128GB capacity. Unfortunately, according to the manufacturer, the 128GB drive is build-to-order only.
Fountain Valley, CA — June 15, 2009 — Kingston has announced the release of the DataTraveler® 200 (DT200), the world’s first 128GB USB Flash drive. The large capacity along with password protection gives users the flexibility to carry critical data with them at all times in a very small form factor.
The Kingston DataTraveler 200 features a capless design to protect the USB connector when not in use and is enhanced for Windows ReadyBoost™. It is available in 32-, 64- and 128GB capacities. The 128GB drive is build-to-order only. Customers who wish to purchase it can place an order through normal channels (e.g., e-tailers or resellers).
The DT200 is backed by a five-year warranty and 24/7 tech support.
DataTraveler 200 Product Features and Specifications:
– Capacities*: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
– Dimensions: 2.77″ x 0.49″ x 0.89″ (70.39mm x 12.52mm x 22.78mm)
– Operating Temperature: 32° F to 140° F (0° C to 60° C)
– Storage Temperature: -4° F to 185° F (-20° C to 85° C)
– Simple: just plug into a USB port
– Practical: durable, capless design
– Guaranteed: five-year warranty
– Safeguarded: includes Password Traveler security software for Windows
– Enhanced: for Windows ReadyBoost™ on Vista-based systems**
* Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
** Although DT200 is enhanced for ReadyBoost, Password Traveler will not operate properly if ReadyBoost cache is enabled on the drive. However, you may enable ReadyBoost cache on a separate drive.
|DT200/32GB||DataTraveler 200 32GB Blue & Black||US$ 120|
|DT200/64GB||DataTraveler 200 64GB Yellow & Black||US$ 213|
|DT200/128GB||DataTraveler 200 128GB Black||US$ 546|