Today, Lenovo announced the first two devices in its tablet family – the sleek and stylish IdeaPad Tablet K1 for consumers and the ThinkPad Tablet for business customers. The IdeaPad Tablet K1 and ThinkPad Tablet are the company’s first mobile internet devices featuring Google Android 3.1 platform. Lenovo’s new tablets feature NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core mobile processors that offer multitasking, faster web browsing with built-in Flash, high-quality gaming, and low power consumption for improved battery life.
IdeaPad Tablet K1: Open the Box and Play
Weighing just 0.74kg, the IdeaPad Tablet K1 features a breathtaking high definition (HD) display, dual cameras, and integrated Bluetooth and 802.11 Wi-Fi connectivity. The IdeaPad Tablet K1 also incorporates a unique ‘Home’ button and Lenovo ‘Launch Zone’ application to help users easily access their most frequent functions like email, music and web browsing.
– The Android-powered Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet K1 is preloaded with more than 30 apps from partners like Amazon, Adobe, Electronic Arts, Rovio, Zinio, DataViz, and others, including favorites like Angry Birds and the full-version of Documents to Go.
– Users can browse all websites and watch online videos with ease thanks to Flash 10.3.
– Users can access an entire network of friends and social sites all in one place, with Lenovo's exclusive SocialTouch app, which effectively creates a one-stop social connection. The Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet K1 also comes with a 2-megapixel front-facing and a 5-megapixel rear-facing webcam.
– You can watch movies and videos in breathtaking HD on a 1280×800 resolution screen. The mini HDMI connection provides full 1080p HD viewing when connected to an HDTV or monitor, resulting in a powerful visual experience.
– Users can sync, store and share files, music and photos with 2GB of free cloud storage, and less reliance on their hard drive.
– Users can access thousands of apps in the Android Market and apps tested exclusively for the IdeaPad Tablet K1 in the Lenovo App Shop.
ThinkPad Tablet Brings Android to Business
The ThinkPad Tablet combines the superior media and entertainment experience of the IdeaPad Tablet K1 with the security, reliability and manageability features ThinkPad is known for, to create a true business-class tablet. Designed for professionals on the go, the ThinkPad Tablet includes an optional digitizer pen, a full-size USB port, SD card slot, and mini-HDMI for connecting to external projectors and displays, as well as an optional ThinkPad quality Keyboard Folio Case with optical TrackPoint.
Data remains safe on the ThinkPad Tablet with layered data security, and the device is easily supported by a suite of business partner solutions including anti-theft software and the ability to disable the tablet if the device is lost or stolen with Computrace. Additional security features include virtual application support with Citrix, simple zero-touch deployment with LanDesk and secure email support available from Good Technology. The tablet has a 10.1-inch WXGA (1280×800) display, weighs 0.75 kg, comes with an IPS display for a 178-degree viewing angle and scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla glass.
Lenovo App Shop – Premium Ecosystem of Apps and Content Services
In addition to the thousands of apps available at the Android Market, Lenovo tablet users have access to apps in the Lenovo App Shop – a unique app marketplace, which features popular applications that have been tested specifically for Lenovo IdeaPad and ThinkPad Tablets. The Lenovo App Shop offers apps in a broad range of categories including music, movies, books, productivity, social networking, weather, printing and more. The Lenovo App Shop will also support enterprise applications and a private corporate application store to help businesses more easily integrate tablets into their daily operations. In addition, Lenovo will offer country-specific applications, currency, and languages.
Pricing and Availability
The 32GB IdeaPad Tablet K1 is priced at S$699 and will be available in Singapore from August 2011 through select business partners and retail stores. In celebration of National Day 2011, the product will be priced at S$599 only from August 5 – 9, 2011. At a later date, shortly after launch, the 3G version of IdeaPad Tablet K1 and ThinkPad Tablet will become available. All Lenovo tablets come with a one-year warranty. Lenovo also offers warranty upgrade options that can extend the IdeaPad product warranty for one additional year, and the ThinkPad Tablet for two additional years.