As expected, LG has finally come round and officially launched their flagship Optimus G Pro phablet in Asia. The powerhouse competitor to the Galaxy Note II was first made available in Korea back in February, with a launch in the US (AT&T exclusive) earlier this month. The smartphone goes on sale in Honk Kong in early June.
LG Optimus G Pro Specifications
- Qualcomm APQ8064T Snapdragon 600 Chipset
- 1.7 GHz Quad Core Krait 300 CPU
- Adreno 320 GPU
- 2 GB Of RAM
- 5.5 Inch 1080p (1920 x 1080) True Full HD IPS+ Display
- 13 MP Rear Camera, AF, LED Flash
- 1080p Video Recording @ 30 fps
- 2.1 MP Front Camera, 1080p @ 30 fps
- 16 GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Storage Up To 64 GB Via MicroSD Card
- Dimensions: 150.2 x 76.1 x 9.4 mm
- Weight: 172g
- Removable 3140 mAh Li-Po Battery
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
The Optimus G Pro is an absolute beast of a phone, with specifications that rival every other flagship. Thankfully (for LG), the Optimus G Pro manages to trump Samsung’s lone ranger Galaxy Note II (in the high-end phablet market) in almost every area, but we expect that to change soon (incoming Galaxy Note III). Nevertheless, the Optimus G Pro is a great option for those looking for the absolute best 5.5 inch phablet.
LG is expected to launch the Optimus G Pro in other markets such as India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Vietnam and the Philippines towards the end of Q2 (end of June). The phablet flagship will be available in Indigo Black & Lunar White colors.