While there are already so many Android phones on the market today, this latest one from Motorola stands out as the first Android smartphone designed for business users (or so it claims). The Motorola DROID PRO sports a 3.1-inch touchscreen display, 1GHz processor, and runs on the latest Android 2.2 (Froyo) operating system. Its only available in US, on Verizon Wireless.
Verizon Wireless and Motorola have jointly announced the new DROID PRO which claims to be the first Android-based smartphone optimized for business use, The Motorola DROID PRO offers the productivity tools businesses require, including corporate connectivity and security; full push e-mail; unified calendar with additional work features; pre-loaded Quickoffice Mobile Suite, a powerful 1GHz processor; 4GB of memory (2 GB internal; and 2 GB removable) and a QWERTY keyboard for ease of messaging. The DROID PRO is running on the latest Android 2.2 (Froyo) operating system.
Key features and specifications:
– Support for Exchange e-mail and Gmail for business
– Corporate directory look-up, unified calendar for Enterprise and sync with Google Calendar
– PC-like browsing with Adobe Flash Player 10.1 on a full, multi-touch, 3.1-inch brilliant display built on Android 2.2
– View, edit and share documents, including Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and Word documents
– Built-in security features, including AuthenTec IPSec multi-headed VPN integration, remote wipe of device and SD card, and complex password support. Device and SD card encryption will be available in early 2011
– 3G Mobile HotSpot capabilities – Allows customers to connect up to five other Wi-Fi-enabled devices and laptops
– Live widgets that stream e-mail messages to the home screen; customers can filter the widgets to separate work and home e-mail
– 5-megapixel camera with auto focus and dual LED flash as well as DVD-quality video
– 3G diversity antennae provides customers with enhanced data speeds and range
– Wi-Fi-enabled DNLA connectivity
– Android Market – Provides customers with access to more than 80,000 applications
– My Verizon and Backup AssistantSM support – Allows customers to manage their wireless accounts or their contacts from their phones