Motorola Unveils FLIPOUT and CHARM Android Phones In Singapore
Motorola has announced two new Android smartphones to the market, namely the Motorola FLIPOUT and MOTOROLA CHARM. Both smartphones sport unique form factor and compact designs, with combine touchscreen and keypad capabilities. The Motorola FLIPOUT and CHARM will retail in Singapore tomorrow.
Motorola today announced the launch of two new Android smartphones: the Motorola FLIPOUT and Motorola CHARM in Singapore. The two stylish smartphones pack a punch with unique form-factors and innovative features.
The FLIPOUT sports an innovative square pivot design that slides to reveal a five-row QWERTY keypad, The CHARM’s BACKTRACK touch panel on the reverse of the phone allows users to smoothly navigate, scroll and make selections without obstructing the display screen with their fingers. Fully equipped to enhance busy lifestyles, the new devices from Motorola will delight those who expect their social experiences to be effortless and intuitive.
With seven homescreen panels, the FLIPOUT and CHARM can be personalised with live wallpapers, customizable widgets of live content, and new toggle widgets for On/Off shortcuts to WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth and more.
For music fans, the music dashboard gives one interface to browse and play your stored music, as well as stream Internet and FM radio stations.
Additional features of FLIPOUT and CHARM include:
- All the customisation and filtering options of Android 2.1
- Adobe Flash Lite Enabled Web browsing experience to view content-rich sites
- Full suite of Google services including Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail and access to more than 80,000 apps on Android Market
- Pinch to zoom functionality and two-finger swipe to surf the Web and browse photos
- A 3MP camera and KODAK PERFECT TOUCH technology for better, brighter pictures
- FLIPOUT CrystalTalk PLUS adds a second microphone to improve a caller’s voice quality while filtering out background noise.
- Push and pull capability for both corporate and personal email
- Moto Phone Portal to access and manage content and view important phone information from any desktop, either at home or on-the-go
Pricing and Availability
The Android-powered Motorola FLIPOUT and CHARM will be available for sale in Singapore on 23 Oct 2010 at recommended retail prices of S$469 and S$499 respectively (w/o contract), at StarHub and M1.