NEC Announced NP Series “Stackable” Projectors
NEC Asia has announced their new NP Installation Series projectors designed for corporate boardrooms, lecture halls and public display environments. One notable feature is their stacking capability; up to four projectors can be used to boost an image’s brightness up to 20,000 lumens, which is ideal for larger-sized screens and environments with heavy ambient light.
Singapore, 9 July 2009 – NEC Asia, announced today the NP3250, NP3250W, NP2250 and NP1250 digital installation projectors. Packed with power and a full lineup of features, these NP Installation Series models can take on the most demanding integration projects in corporate boardrooms, education lecture halls and public display environments.
The four new NEC NP Installation Series projectors deliver high-tech performance with a variety of advanced features that create flexibility for enhanced usage.Bright enough for most applications, the projectors display images up to 5000 lumens. For the ultimate presentation, users may take advantage of the stacking capability, enabling up to four projectors to boost an image’s brightness up to 20,000 lumens, which is ideal for larger-sized screens and environments with heavy ambient light. This feature also prevents the complete loss of an image, which can happen when using only one projector.
The NP3250, NP3250W, NP2250 and NP1250 are equipped with Integrated Device Technology HQV processing, a high-performance video processing/scaling system designed for computer signals, as well as standard or high-definition video. The vertical and horizontal lens shift feature and optional quick-mount (bayonet style) lenses allow flexible projector placement to suit the needs of the room, creating a screen size from 30 inches to 500 inches.
The projectors include new features built into the Windows platform, such as Windows Network Drive Function, which displays images from a Windows Shared folder using the Viewer Function, and Windows Media Connect Functionality, which utilizes the Viewer Function to view Windows Media Connect Server over the network. Additionally, the projectors take advantage of Windows Network Projector functionality within Windows Vista via the wireless adapter or integrated RJ45 without the need for additional proprietary software. USB connection for a mouse and keyboard allow desktop control when the projector is connected via Windows Remote Desktop via a wired/wireless network connection. Remote diagnostics enable the administrator to monitor and make adjustments to the projector via the network remotely.
The NP3250, NP3250W, NP2250 and NP1250 provide the following features:
• 1024 x 768 native resolution (1280 x 800 WXGA native resolution for NP3250W)
• 600:1 contrast ratio (500:1 for NP3250W)
• Brightness for NP3250 at 5000 lumens, NP3250W at 4000 lumens, NP2250 at 4200 lumens and NP1250 at 3700 lumens
• Power consumption of 490-watts for NP3250/NP3250W and 460-watts for NP1250/NP2250
• 3D Reform with geometry correction, which allows the user to square the image by adjusting horizontally, vertically or diagonally when the projector cannot be placed parallel or perpendicular to the screen
• Advanced AccuBlend, which ensures detailed images when non-native resolution sources are connected to the projector
• AutoSense, which automatically syncs with any computer signal and features one-touch image optimization
• Built-in wall color correction presets, which provide for adaptive color tone correction to display properly on non-white surfaces
ECO Mode technology increases lamp life to 3000 hours and decreases fan noise. The lamp saver technologies enable the cooling fan to continue running even after the power source is disconnected. Built-in sensors protect the lamp and projector from overheating, and e-mail notifications inform the system administrator of error messages and when the lamp is approaching the end of its useful life.
The NP3250, NP3250W, NP2250 and NP1250 will begin shipping in July 2009 with an estimated street price of S$5,599, S$5,599, S$4,499 and S$3,599, respectively. The projectors ship with a standard two-year parts and labor carry-in warranty.
Further information can be found on the internet at http://www.nec-display.com/ap/