The NP216 DLP projector is the latest addition to NEC Asia Pacific’s line of NP Portable series that comes with features including the ability to project 3D images. The XGA projector is available now at a reasonable S$1,199.
The NEC NP216 is the latest DLP projector that claims to offer brilliant images, advanced capabilities and comprehensive connectivity in the education and business conference room settings.
The NP216 features dual VGA inputs, RS-232, RJ45, audio-out and latest DLP Link technology that allows the projector to project 3D images. It also has an average lamp life of up to 5000 hours with the use of ECO mode technology and low power consumption of 210W (0.7W in standby mode).
The power management can turn off the projector automatically when no signal is detected on any inputs, and its quick start (3 to 4 seconds) and shutdown technology allows immediate use and power off functionality without the need for a cooling period.
Features of NEC NP216 include:
- Native resolution of 1024×768 XGA
- High contrast images (2000:1)
- Brightness of up to 2500 ANSI lumens
- Power consumption of 233W (210W in ECO Mode)
- Average Lamp life up to 5000 hours (in ECO Mode)
- Low power consumption (0.71W in standby mode)
- Enhanced and comprehensive input panel, which includes two VGA inputs, composite video, S-Video, component video using optional 15-pin adapter
- Improved RS-232 and RJ45 connection, which enables quick and easy LAN connection
- Audio-out and built-in 7W speaker
- AV mute and video image freeze, which allows users to control the presentation and focus audience attention
- Fine-tuning adjustments such as color temperature, brightness and contrast
- Built-in wall color correction presets, which provide for adaptive color tone correction to display properly on non-white surfaces
- Carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup
- Green ECO Mode button on the remote control makes the switch between lamp settings easy
- Security features, including Kensington lock, keypad lock, password security system and security bar
Availability and Warranty
The NEC NP216 Projector is commercially available now at S$1,199 (include GST) and comes with a two-year warranty.