NEC Asia Pacific has announced the latest additions to its Portable series projectors – NP-M230X, NP-M260X and NP-M300X – designed for schools and offices. The projectors boast bright images and comes with wired and wireless (optional) networking, HDMI and USB inputs.
SINGAPORE, 5 October, 2010 – Today, NEC Asia Pacific has announced its new Portable Series projectors – NP-M230X, NP-M260X and NP-M300X. These models were designed for schools and offices on budget and yet require a bright, network projector with remote monitoring and control capabilities.
The NEC NP-M230X, NP-M260X and NP-M300X are value-driven, eco-friendly portable projectors and claim to deliver bright images. They also feature wired and wireless (optional) networking, HDMI and USB inputs, high contrast (2000:1) and up to 6000 hours of lamp life (in ECO Mode). Additionally, the projectors offer extended lamp and filter life, benefiting classrooms and boardrooms alike.
The NP-M230X, NP-M260X and NP-M300X include the following features:
- XGA native resolution
- Brightness up to 3000 lumens
- Lamp life up to 6000 hours when operated in ECO Mode
- 6000-hour filter life provides a virtually maintenance-free projector and lowers the total cost of ownership
- New cabinet design
- Ample input connectivity, including HDMI and USB
- 10-watt mono speaker
- Variable audio-out to connect the projector to an external speaker and control the volume with the projectors remote control
- Less than 0.5 watt consumption in power-saving mode
- DICOM Simulation enables users in medical environments to display accurate diagnostic images
- Image Express Lite enables the wireless transmission of an image to the projector without the need for external components
- Wireless LAN Connection IEEE801.11n (optional)
- Auto vertical keystone correction instantly projects a square image even when the projector is set up at a steep offset angle to the screen
- USB Viewer allows users to present in seconds by using a flash drive to project jpeg images without a computer source
- Virtual Remote (DDC/CI) allows users to control the projector directly from a computer without the need for additional control cables
- Active sliding lens cover enables presenters to immediately mute the audio and video, then seconds later lower the lamp brightness to 25% for a short period of time
- Closed captioning enables decoding and display of text information from a video source – ECO Mode allows for multiple settings dependent upon the brightness required in the application and power savings desired by the user
- Carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup
-”No signal guidance” for easy cable connections
The new Portable Series models will be available in October 2010 at an estimated street price as follows.
NP-M230X Projector – S$1,069
NP-M260X Projector – S$1,399
NP-M300X Projector – S$1,599
The projectors ship with a 2-year limited parts and labour warranty.