Nokia preparing two Lumia phablets and a low-cost Lumia 920
A new report suggests that Nokia is working on multiple phablets to add to their Lumia line up. Also in the works is a low-cost version of the popular Lumia 920.
Image credits: Neowin.net
NokiaPowerUser reported that Nokia is working on two new Lumia phablets. The first model will come packing a camera much similar to the Lumia 925 and have a 5.5 to 6-inch display. This phablet is expected to hit the markets in the September-October timeframe.
Nokia is working on another Lumia phablet, scheduled for Q1 2014. This model will bump the camera resolution up and will also come with a noticeable hump on the back (a bigger camera sensor, possibly PureView). The report suggests that this camera will have a 16 lens lytro style camera, which allows you to focus on images after they are taken.
Another interesting detail in the report is that Nokia is working on a low-cost version of the very popular Lumia 920 (ex-flagship), which is also expected to launch in the September-October timeframe alongside the first phablet. According to a person who’s actually seen the phone, the refresh Lumia specifications are as follows.
Lumia 920 Refresh specs:
- It will be released along with Phablet in September-October, but not necessarily on the same date.
- Will sport 4.7 inch WXGA CBD AMOLED display.
- Will have 8 MP Carl–Zeiss optics camera with F/1.9 aperture for low-light imaging. No OIS though.
- Lumia 720 like design with minor tweaks and may have slimmer profile, Lightweight.
- May come with similar CPU/GPU combo as Lumia 920 and will be Nokia’s answer to low-cost iPhone.
- Will be priced very aggressively and will replace Lumia 82X range.
The same person also said that the design will be similar to the Lumia 720, albeit thinner and lighter. OIS (optical image stabilization) is not included (much to our dismay). The insider also believes that this is Nokia’s answer to the upcoming low-cost iPhone and will go on to replace the Lumia 820.