NVIDIA Tesla C1060 Transforms Workstation Into Powerhouse
(JohnRoach) Capable of transforming a workstation into something that outperforms a small cluster which is claimed to be faster and more energy-efficient than a shared cluster in the data center.
(JohnRoach) Capable of transforming a workstation into something that outperforms a small cluster which is claimed to be faster and more energy-efficient than a shared cluster in the data center
Check out the video demonstration of how this system builder couples the Nehalem along with the Tesla.
The Tesla C1060 is based on the massively parallel, multi-core Tesla processor, which is coupled with the standard CUDA C programming environment to simplify multi-core programming which claims to deliver cost savings and a high efficiency computing platform
Features and Benefits
- Industry’s first massively multi-threaded architecture with 240-cores.
- Many-core architecture delivers optimum scaling across HPC applications.
- Optimized for scientific computing, delivering up to 15x cost savings, 20x lower power, and 250x the performance than traditional 1U rack-optimized servers or desktop workstations.
- Scale to thousands of processor cores to solve large-scale problems by splitting the problem across multiple GPUs.
- High-efficiency computing platform for energy-conscious organizations.
- NVIDIA CUDA Technology unlocks the power of Tesla many-core computing products.
- Seamlessly able to fit into existing HPC environments.
- Ideal for life sciences, geosciences, engineering & sciences, molecular biology, medical diagnostics, electronic design automation (EDA), government and defense, visualization, financial modeling, and oil & gas applications.