In a press release by Nvidia, the company announced that it will include
the addition of Nvidia’s 3D Vision technology together with Epic
Games’s Unreal Engine 3.
Here is an extract from the press release
Facts about NVIDIA® 3D Vision and Unreal Engine 3:
- Epic Games and NVIDIA have worked together to integrate “out of the
box” support for NVIDIA® 3D Vision technology into Unreal Engine 3.
- Unreal Engine 3 is the engine that powers some of the most
successful games in the marketplace including: Gears of War and
Gears of War 2, Shadow Complex, BioShock 2, Mass Effect and Mass Effect
2, Borderlands and Batman: Arkham Asylum.
- The updated version of Unreal Engine 3 and UDK will be available
in the near future for all licensees allowing games developed with that
revision (or later) to deliver “out of the box” support for 3D vision.
- 3D Vision is the world’s leading consumer 3D solution and
supports PC gaming, photographs, videos, Blu-ray 3D, and 3D Web
- 3D Vision consists of wireless, active-shutter glasses and
wireless USB emitter and can work with compatible 120Hz desktop LCDs, 3D
TVs and projectors. A NVIDIA GeForce® 8800 GTX or higher GPU is also
It might be good news for developers who are considering this integration as Unreal Engine 3 have produced some of the popular games we have heard of.
Unreal Tournament 3 in 3D, anyone ?