The setup comprised of an Intel QX6850 Kentsfield processor mounted on an ASRock 4Core1600P35 motherboard. The setup was run in an open-case concept and laid horizontally on the table. Temperatures were monitored with the provided monitoring utility from ASRock. Load temperature testing procedure involves running two instances of Orthos Small-FTT-test (4 threads in total) at least 15 minutes or more if necessary to obtain a stable temperature. For Idle temperature measurements, we waited for the CPU and system temperatures to stabilize after loading the Windows Desktop with no applications running in the background.
- Intel Core 2 Quad QX6850 operating at 3GHz (9 x 333MHz; 1.3v set in BIOS)
- ASRock 4Core1600P35-WiFi+ Motherboard
- 2 x 1GB Infineon DDR3-10600 Ram
- NVIDIA Geforce 8400GS
- Scythe ZIPANG Cooler
- Scythe OROCHI Cooler
- ThermalTake DUORB CPU Cooler
- 2 x 80GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 HDD
- Pioneer DVR-215BK SATA DVD-RW
- FSP Everest 80Plus 600W PSU
- Windows Vista Ultimate x86
Unless otherwise stated, the operating voltages and frequencies are as follows:
Scythe OROCHI Setup
ThermalTake DUORB in Action
Bling Blings for those who like it!