Olympus, the industry leader in opto-digital technologies and pioneer in the
digital camera market, today introduced a new affordable and easy-to-use compact
digital camera – Olympus FE-115 which is equipped with a 5.0-megapixel CCD.
The FE-115 makes digital photography simple and enjoyable, as camera control is
straightforward and fun. Based on a “One Button, One Function” design
philosophy, shooting, playback and erase functions are at the touch of a single
button. Users also benefit from the help function in the menu, which describes
each of the four scene modes, including Portrait and Night Scene, directly on
With 5.0 megapixels, the FE-115 delivers excellent results that ensure every
detail is faithfully captured and reproduced, and feature a 2.8x optical zoom
for added versatility, bringing far away subjects closer. Together with the 4x
digital zoom, total magnification is even extended to more than 11x. Both models
are also fitted with multi-mode built-in flash.
Meanwhile, on the other end of the spectrum, the camera can capture objects
extremely close up – the Super Macro mode allows photography from merely 2cm.
Matched with ergonomically-designed, lightweight bodies, this Olympus model is
just the shot for everyday photo fun, wherever you may go.
Video sequences – limited in length only by the available memory – can also be
captured. Additionally, with PictBridge support, connection to compatible
printers is possible without the need for a PC.
The Olympus FE-115 – main features:
- 5.0 million pixels
- 2.8x optical zoom (equiv. 38-106mm on 35mm cameras) 1:3.0-5.0, plus 4x
- 3.8cm/1.5” LCD with 130,000 pixels
- One button per function concept, reset button
- User-friendly interface with useful descriptions of scene modes
- Four scene modes (Portrait, Self-Portrait, Night Scene, Landscape)
- Super Macro, from as close as 2 cm
- Movie function (recording time limited only by the size of the available
- PictBridge support
- 28MB internal memory plus xD-Picture Card slot
- Accept standard (rechargeable) AA batteries
Pricing and Availability
The Olympus FE-115 will be available at all major retailers and dealers in
mid-March 2006 at a recommended retail price of S$ 349 (inclusive of GST).